ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Change engine mount, when trolley jack doesn't fit!

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Hi, tried to change my engine and gearbox mounts on my 182 today. Read the guides and watched YouTube videos but unfortunately I still failed at first hurdle...

I couldn't fit my trolley jack under the car so I could support the engine /gearbox whilst I changed the mounts 😞

I've got two axle stands, thought about jacking front of car up on these to allow me to get under front of car with trolley jack, but then car wouldn't be level and was worried this would cause issues :tired:

What are my options? Anybody have any ideas?

330i. E30 Touring.

If your car is too low to get a trolley jack under, then no chance these will work.

OP - either drive onto a couple of blocks of wood, or jack the rear up, stick an axle stand under the jacking points on the rear, drop jack, move jack to the front, then move the axle stand up front.

phase 1 flamer 172
Get one side of the car up on the kerb to allow the trolley jack under and replace that side, then other 2 wheels etc,

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Just put the front on axle stands (lowest height possible).

Its not going to cause any issues and you can easily pull the engine forward still.

BG Clio 182
My cars the same, you either use the shitty renault Jack or you drive onto some wood and Jack it up! How you always go on with a lowered car lol

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Thanks to all that posted, inspired by your ideas I parked the drivers side on the pavement, jacked up passenger side and supported with axle stands, which gave me enough room to get trolley jack under the front of car.

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_093517.jpg
    IMG_20160423_093517.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20160423_100034.jpg
    IMG_20160423_100034.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 75