ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Brake Servo

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi,
I need to change the brake servo on my 04 182 - does anybody have any advice on best and easiest way to do this - vids or instructions, looks like a bit of a pain in the arse?
Thanks a lot.
Justin.

172 Ph1
Two options .
Subframe off or engine out .
Can't see it coming out in situ with either still in .
Someone will be along soon with the "I've done one and it was a c*nt of a job. Lol [emoji23]

dan's cast offs.
pedal box/servo can come out into the car. only ever done it when i've stripped one but think there should be enough space next to the steering column to get it out?

First off you'll have to remove any heat shielding/matting that sits in the way or at least pull it back so that you can gain access to the servo/ master cylinder etc.

Next remove the vac hose from the servo that goes to your inlet manifold.

Then disconnect the clutch cable, either from inside the car in the pedal box or from the clutch fork itself (if done the latter way you'll have to pull it through with the whole assembly after feeding it around the whole engine bay, from the inside will be much much easier).

Next drain as much fluid as possible from the brake fluid resevoir, I used a large syringe and a bit of thin tubing so I could get as much as possible out.

Next crack off the brake lines going into the master cylinder and then pull them out, there will be some fluid in the ports too as well as the lines so pull as much as you can out of the ports and cap the ends of the brake lines to prevent it dropping everywhere.

Now move inside the car and look under the dash, you'll have to pull some carpet about I should imagine and possibly some sound deadening from around the pedal box to gain access to the bolts holding the assembly in place.

Remove any electrical plugs such as the throttle and brake/clutch sensors.

Now you can undo the nuts/ bolts that are holding the pedal box to the car, once these are all removed you should be able to remove it from the car by pulling it towards you and out under the dash, just make sure that nothing is caught or preventing you from removing it fully. Put something down to stop any excess brake fluid leaking over your interior too.