ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Dogbone mount on 182

Clio 182, Megane 225
Decided to change the standard mount for the Evol mount. Going to give it a go at the weekend fitting it.

Anyone have any advice? Or anyone struggled fitting one? I’m quite a newbie when it comes to messing about with cars.
Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
its very easy job buddy just make sure the car is secure on the axle stands.
don't over tighten the evol mount either as it will shake your teeth out

Clio 182, Megane 225
its very easy job buddy just make sure the car is secure on the axle stands.
don't over tighten the evol mount either as it will shake your teeth out

Nice one[emoji1303] I tried to have ago without axel stands but couldn’t get right under and didn’t have enough strength to undo it [emoji23] but I’ve got axel stands this time so I can get properly under. Do you have the Evol mount? What’s it like fitted?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It does need a few weeks to bed the evol in. You will find the car vibrates and shakes horrendously but it does get better over time.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Gear changes and coming on and off the throttle will be a lot smoother though .

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
yea make sure you use axle stands whenever your under a car dude.
I changed to the evol mount (have a look at my build thread)
iv since uprated engine mounts aswell and is still bearable as a daily

Clio 182, Megane 225
Cheers for the advice guys! I’m looking forward to it, hopefully it will be a steady job [emoji1303] Yes I’ll check out your build thread, it’s interesting to see what routes people go down with their cars [emoji1303]

Clio 182, Megane 225
Which evil mount did you buy

1f03573049ef8e791e8789050b38902f.jpg

Clio 182, Megane 225
Which version did you ask for as he does a couple.

I’m not sure I just ordered it off Ebay, I’ll have to check to see if it says it on the paperwork, I’m guessing it’s to do with the different hardness of the polyurethane?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
For the money, it's my favourite modification I've done to my Clio so far, makes a huge difference! It does increase the vibrations quite a lot, but I like it cause it's gives a sort of racecar feel haha. Really easy to fit.

As above, sit the car on axle stands, you don't need to support the engine - if you do the bolts won't line up and it'll be impossible to fit.

330i. E30 Touring.
For the hassle of it, pay someone £20 at a garage to fit it. By the time you've got the car jacked up, on stands, got the tools out, got cold, then put it back together you could be out having done a 20min road test after they've done it on a ramp with air tools.

Clio 182, Megane 225
For the hassle of it, pay someone £20 at a garage to fit it. By the time you've got the car jacked up, on stands, got the tools out, got cold, then put it back together you could be out having done a 20min road test after they've done it on a ramp with air tools.

Fair point, most garages by me will only do jobs if they supply the part. Plus I don’t mind giving it ago, I would like to do most of the work myself if I can, I believe it’s part of the fun!

I’m not great mechanically but I found this job really quick and easy. It is also my favourite mod so far and I didn’t notice much of a difference with vibrations either.

As others have said make sure you use axle stands though for safety.

Clio 172 ph2
Just fitted this last week along with the upper right engine mount and must say some difference.

It does vibrate a fair bit but once ur driving it calms down a bit most when ur sitting idle it’s worse but such a good mod

Clio 182, Megane 225
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG

Thanks to all who commented. I found it a very nice and steady job, I’m not great when it comes to cars but I’m learning. Not sure if I tightened it up too tight? Feels fine in tick over but when I start driving it vibrates a lot [emoji23] think it’s a great modification, I can see why people rate them so much. Next week I’ll be taking off the Vmaxx Coilovers 60mm not 54mm, for standard suspension and lowering springs as I find the coilovers too hard. So will have them going for sale cheap if anyone is interested!

Clio 182, Megane 225
How cheap. Are they crap?

The Coilovers I’m guessing? Not for me. Doesn’t help the top mounts need changing, one of the nuts at the top looks rounded. Clio sits really nice but just uncomfortable in my opinion (my first ever set of coilovers) Not sure what they go for so I’d say 80quid with c spanners?