ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Headunits

Had 172, now 182
Hi, jus a couple of questions.

Got myself a Sony Headunit, and wanted to know if i would still be able to use the controls behind the steering wheels with it?

Also, jus replaced my front door speakers with Alpine Type E's, and was wondering if anyone knew of any fairly good 13cm speakers that i could put in the rear for a bit more bass?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
£12????? I've been under the impresson they were around £60! Couldn't be arsed for 2yrs to fork out for that lol

Had 172, now 182
where abouts does it connect then? Sorry to be really dumb!!!

Oh, and i forgot too add in the original post, would it be worth taking out the rear speakers and extending the wiring to the boot and put a set of 6x9's or 7x10's on the rear shelf?

Megane
personally i wouldnt bother, also not sure where it plugs in sorry, assuming under the steering column

RB 182
the steering controls are in the oem cd player just unplug them and attach adapter then plug adapter in ya new head unit

Had 172, now 182
fantastic!! Thanks a lot mate!! Not sure if it will work with the headunit i hav got now tho!! lol. The model number is CDX-GT200

Had 172, now 182
thanks again!! Been a great help! Dont know what to do now tho!!!! lol. What are your ideas on the rear speakers?

RB 182
alot of people on here recommend taking the back speakers out and amping the front ones, but depends if ya have alot of passengers or not.

im plannin on just installin components in the front and having them amped with sub in boot.

Had 172, now 182
im thinkin, like i said, a set of speakers under the rear shelf, and i have seen a few custom sub boxes been made up for the clio, that sit right in the corner so that u still have boot space.

RB 182
ive just purchased a stealth box of ebay for 35quid includin postage. they come up from time to time so keep ya eyes peeled, better than paying 190 for one new.

id personally just go with a sub rather than sub and 6x9's, will give a better sound. but tht just my opinion

Had 172, now 182
i wanna do both!! lol. Im a bass junky! I would love to put my 1000w 15inch sub in the boot, but it wont fit! Box is too big!!

Had 172, now 182
Had it in my old saxo that i used to hav and in a multi-storey carpark, if it was cranked up loud enuf, used to be able to go down one level, and still feel the floor vibrating!! Wicked fun that used to be!!