ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing squib

Clio 172
My squib is shagged after messing up the steering angle sensor. Just wondering if I can just replace it with a squib off a clio from a breakers or if they are different with the different models. cars a 2003 172

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
All interchangeable iirc, only thing to look out for is if yours has cruise you need one with it obviously.

I know someone used my old 182 one on a non sport and just chopped the cruise wiring off and it still worked fine.

Clio 172
Just got one from the breakers of an 03 plate 1.4. It aint got the window on the top though that u can see move when u turn it. Its got a dial with a number on at the bottom right corner that moves with the squib though. Will have try it see if its ok

Clio 172
Changed the squib because mine was fooked. Had to unclip the sensor off my old squib tho as the new squib didnt have one and there is a plug on my wiring harness for the sensor. Got rid of the ABS light and gonna get it on CLIP monday see if it can be programmed as I wasnt sure if the sensor was knackered or the squib being knackered caused the problem. I have seen squibs off a cup on ebay and they dont have the sensor with the window that clips on though:S