ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing UCH - matching ECU needed (Ph1 172)

Sunflower Ph1 172
Need to swap the locks, ignition barrel and UCH on my ph1, and I'm not sure if I need the matching ECU (from the donor car) as well. Should be any easy one for someone on here, but I'm terrible with electrics.

Cheers guys.

clio 172
hi i have a ph1 with 2 keys decoder ring ecu but not sure what the other part is and do i have one anyway if i do got the hole lot for 70 with door boot a fuel locks

clio 172
cool well least thts cleared tht any how think my offer is a good one all locks including fuel cap two proper keys ecu tht was mapped with an off the shelf map not uniuqe one so will go on any clio 172 aaaaand decoder for 70 gib nooot baaaad

Sunflower Ph1 172
Cheers for all the replies guys, I was told there was a UCH on the ph1 so thanks for cleaning that up. I'm picking up everything I need next week of a donor car so hopefully all will go well. I'll be glad to be rid of this dodgy aftermarket alarm/imobiliser

It looks the same as a UCH, but its actually called a Multi Timer Unit on a Ph1. Yes the ECU has to match it. Although, if you had a decoded/virgin ECU, the first time you plug it in it will pick up the code from the multi timer unit and store it, so they would then be matched. If the ECU didnt match the multi timer unit the car would just crank and never fire.

It still has part of the immobiliser in it, I know this as I had to use it to get the Mk1 running using the full Ph1 looms/ECU/key. Decoder ring can be from anything as they are all the same on sports and non sports, they just pick up a keys signal.

I eventually fu*ked it all off and ran the ECU decoded with an emulator.

Sunflower Ph1 172
It looks the same as a UCH, but its actually called a Multi Timer Unit on a Ph1. Yes the ECU has to match it. Although, if you had a decoded/virgin ECU, the first time you plug it in it will pick up the code from the multi timer unit and store it, so they would then be matched. If the ECU didnt match the multi timer unit the car would just crank and never fire.

It still has part of the immobiliser in it, I know this as I had to use it to get the Mk1 running using the full Ph1 looms/ECU/key. Decoder ring can be from anything as they are all the same on sports and non sports, they just pick up a keys signal.

I eventually fu*ked it all off and ran the ECU decoded with an emulator.

To the rescue as usual.

clio 172
were is this then so when i do sell mine i dont end up with someone giving me frwons coz it dont work ahhahahhah oh so u know my dash is on the floor of car so can get any were on it