ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing VGA connectors

Listerine & Poledo
So.

The VGA lead that runs under my carpet has developed some sort of problem which I think is traced to a busted interference block at the PC end.

It's not totally broken, but the monitor now gets plenty of lining and running of colours.

So, without tearing up the carpet and laying in a whole new cable, what are the options here?

Splice a new cable in?
slap another interference block in line?
VGA wireless sender and slack off the wiring? (links to inexpensive options appreciated).

Cheers all

Listerine & Poledo
HDMI is already in use for the main display.

VGA is being used for an auxiliary monitor (which doesn't have HDMI anyway), the only upgrade would be to DVI, if at all.

EDIT:

Clearly I'm not making myself clear enough.

1) Im not changing cables over if I can at all help it
2) I'm already using my HDMI output, so short of buying another graphics card just to run a 19" auxiliairy monitor.......no
3) The aux. monitor only has a VGA input

Last edited:
HDMI is DVI with audio, so please, upgrade to DVI - it's SO much better than analogue.

edit: If the monitor is VGA only, get a new monitor and do it all properly :D it's not what you want to hear, but your only option if you want to keep all the analogue stuff is to put a new connector on the cable as said earlier in the thread.