ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Charging lead - late 2011 MBP 13

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My tux wearing c**t of a cat has chewed through the charging / power lead for my Mac.

Suggestions on anywhere to get a replacement?

Is it an Apple job, or are there any alternatives?

Cheers

Deeg

ST
Last year when i was in London, i was only supposed to be down for a day so i charged my MBP to 100%, ended up down for 3, so i'd to go Covent garden and buy one, when i got back i took it back into the Apple Store in town and they refunded me no problem at all - not helping your situation Deegerson, just saying tho lol.

I'd try for one under warranty and say it frayed.

Ive had had a few replaced that way before. Also seen a few non genuine chargers melt so I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the replies.

I'm hopefully getting one for free from a mate.

If not, it will probably be the one from Apple.

The reviews on the Apple site are not exactly glowing, lol. 1 star.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You can buy them in currys if that's more convenient. I did that last time my cable went up in a puff of smoke, Apple store meant a ride out to kingston and I could walk to currys....so that was the easier solution.

Of course, the environmentally friendly thing for apple to do would be to make the actual lead magsafe at both ends so that the cable was "consumable" because they (as you're read) are crap.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You can buy them in currys if that's more convenient. I did that last time my cable went up in a puff of smoke, Apple store meant a ride out to kingston and I could walk to currys....so that was the easier solution.

Of course, the environmentally friendly thing for apple to do would be to make the actual lead magsafe at both ends so that the cable was "consumable" because they (as you're read) are crap.

Might be a trip if my mate doesn't pull his finger out.

Cheers all.

Clio 1.2 16v
Deeg Does it look like this?

photo.JPG

And aren't from Derby? If so you can have this one. I'm a Reception Manager at a hotel in Castle Donington and this has been in my lost property box for months so you can have it for free as long as you can collect it!

Last edited:

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Deeg Does it look like this?

View attachment 113431

And aren't from Derby? If so you can have this one. I'm a Reception Manager at a hotel in Castle Donington and this has been in my lost property box for months so you can have it for free as long as you can collect it!

It does, and that's awesome, thank you.

My mate is being unreliable, lol.

Which hotel and when are you there?

What do you drink?