ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chatsworth Rally 2009 - a few pics

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Great day today - just a shame that the rain kind of ruined the fun mid afternoon. The pics never do the cars any justice. I think next year I'll simply take an MP3 recorder and record these things going at full chat! The cars look good. But they sound ever better. :approve:

Piccies....

One of the several Metro 6R4's there today...

DSCF0752.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

Love this angle!

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0756.jpg

Ok, this was just for me. :eek: Brad's uber-uber-rare RS Sprint VI was there again this year. He's one lucky man.

DSCF0759.jpg

....and I now have a new wallpaper on my desktop. :)

DSCF0762.jpg

Closely followed in the Evo-p**n stakes by one of the VI Extreme's...

DSCF0765.jpg

Rally shows need Lancias!

DSCF0766.jpg

DSCF0767.jpg

Roffles! :cool:

DSCF0768.jpg

Audi Quattro engine bay

DSCF0769.jpg

Pug finishing its run...

DSCF0770.jpg

...as was one of the old Vauxhall Mantas

DSCF0771.jpg

Finish line at one stage - start line later in the day. Quite good how they chopped and changed the course around, imo.

DSCF0772.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

Line up, line up....

DSCF0775.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

Unique back-pack - lol

DSCF0779.jpg

One of the V8 powered TR7's

DSCF0780.jpg

TR7 engine...

DSCF0784.jpg

DSCF0782.jpg

If Carlsberg made feck-ugly Evos - it would be this. :dead:

DSCF0787.jpg

DSCF0788.jpg

Compulsory Audi Quattro pics, which for the record, made the single biggest back-fire on one of its runs today. Very, very loud! :cool:

DSCF0791.jpg

DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0798.jpg

DSCF0799.jpg

Quattro's don't displace the air from in front of them. The air actually runs away in terror. ;)

DSCF0800.jpg

The crowning glory, certainly in terms of the photographers today, was when the Delta S4 made its appearance. A mass of lenses pointed towards the track when it's arrival was mentioned over the tannoy. Sounding like nothing else, one of the guys I was chatting to said it was valued at £430k. :eek: No wonder the driver appeared to be holding back a little on course.

DSCF0792.jpg

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0802.jpg

DSCF0795.jpg

Ford RS200...

DSCF0793.jpg

DSCF0796.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

I was glad to be there again this year. It certainly seemed better organised than last year, but just marginally let down by the rain. Oh well - there's always 2010!

Thanks for looking.

D.

LY Clio 182 cup
was it a good day?? I went last year and really enjoyed it, i only live around the corner but couldnt be bothered to go out in the rain!! : (

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
was it a good day?? I went last year and really enjoyed it, i only live around the corner but couldnt be bothered to go out in the rain!! : (

Aside from the rain, it was a great day. Last year (as you know!) was absolutely baking. It did seem a lot better laid out and there were a lot more toilets/food places knocking about. I remember last year walking fecking ages to the other end of the course, when I needed a pee - lol!

D.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
My all time favourite car, the Lancia Delta S4 proper mint car,

looks like a good turnout there fella,

MINI Cooper S
Shame i couldnt make this as its just down the road! Good photos so far, hopefully ill make it next year

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome pictures, not far from me this. Wish I'd of known about it I'd of popped up.

S4 Avant
Had it not have rained, I'd have been there, but saw quite a few of the cars being trailered away later on coming down the A6, the old school Lancias caught my eye as they went past.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
It's the 5th and 6th June. The post code to use for sat nav/viewing on google is DE45 1PP.

The site is www.therallyshow.org

I was there in 2008 with an evo forum (as a claim to fame, my car is on the front page video from about 4secs in to about 7secs in, please form an orderly queue for autographs) and was with the proton forum in 2009.

We had the mellors elliot s2000 proton rally caron the stand last year, hopefully it will be there again this year as we are having a stand again.

My car will be the only Clio on the proton stand if anyone wants to come to say hello.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I'd have the baking sun over the rain of last year anytime. I was lucky enough to be sleeping at someone's house so I didn't have to bear the weather in a tent. :approve:

Still had wet feet though, but fortunately for me, the car I had was turbo'd so I dried my socks and trainers on the manifold in seconds :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have the baking sun over the rain of last year anytime. I was lucky enough to be sleeping at someone's house so I didn't have to bear the weather in a tent. :approve:

Still had wet feet though, but fortunately for me, the car I had was turbo'd so I dried my socks and trainers on the manifold in seconds :cool:

PMSL! Multi-tasking car, eh? ;)

2008 was a bit too mental, heat wise though. I remember going back to the car for a few minutes and it said 33C on the dash - with no breeze whatsoever.

But I agree - I'd much more have it dry that soggy wet...

D.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
PMSL! Multi-tasking car, eh? ;)

D.

It also acted as a Grass cutter (low) and a 'pre warning' system (my dogs heard it coming into the estate and went crazy, letting my girlfriend know I was coming so the kettle was on).

clio 197, vauxhall vivaro
looks good but seems like you have to stand a fair bit away from the track.

i just got back from the sunseeker rally in bournemouth, will post some pics soon.