ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap 197?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
When you say standard do you mean a standard spec one, or an unmodified STi? I had a standard STi and it was 300bhp and went like f**k, if you're saying a 1*2 is as quick I'm off out tomorrow to find me a 1*2.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
When you say standard do you mean a standard spec one, or an unmodified STi? I had a standard STi and it was 300bhp and went like f**k, if you're saying a 1*2 is as quick I'm off out tomorrow to find me a 1*2.

Which standard sti did you have which was 300bhp?

No a standard 225 wrx.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Okay 296bhp if you want to be exact, this one..

big3.JPG

big4.JPG

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
I was thinking the saloon/blobeye shape.

I never think of hatches when i think of imprezas.

I test drove a wrx impreza hatch and it was as slow as s**te, very disappointed.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tax is the same iirc £250/260, 197s were the cheapest for me to insure across the RS clio range, it's just mpg that let's them down. £30 per week for 150 miles

Is that £250/260 a year? Quite a bit more then my ph1 172 then ;-) but still not bad I guess and if same as a ph2 its ok. Hmm yeah consumption doesn't actually sound bad when you put it like that. I get about 150/175 out of £30 depending on driving

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that £250/260 a year? Quite a bit more then my ph1 172 then ;-) but still not bad I guess and if same as a ph2 its ok. Hmm yeah consumption doesn't actually sound bad when you put it like that. I get about 150/175 out of £30 depending on driving

Ph1s are cheaper?! :( awww

my mpg is usually around 27/28 but regardless, I get 150ish miles to £30

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are they then? Meh, you've just cheered me up if you get the same miles to the same money lol. The mpg screens must be typically French then

I'll double check but i think tax on mine is around £120 for 6 months, a year i think its around £210 so not a massive difference really

It's not 2003 it's 2001 and it goes on emmisions after 2001

Ahh that's the the one, tbh i culdnt be sure if it was 2001 or 03 but your right :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your not really worries about the road tax difference are you?

lol. No not really as there isnt as much difference as i first thought!

tbh though i couldnt justify the initial cost to jump from my ph1 to a 197 just yet anyway.. just thought the one advertised in the add was a bit on the cheap side

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Westfield, 182, 200
Drive an Audi with a dsg box! There are less failures but the mechatronic unit is not cheap to replace!

I had a look at a cheap 197 in the Spring, turns out it was the one Tiff Needel test drove fory fifth gear, it ,was a nail!! It was cheap for a reason and the guy's story for selling it didn't add up-it came with 12 months mot but had a cracked windscreen and knackered tyres?? Passenger door didn't open from outside either!

It'd be interesting to see how good the car was??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Add in to the fact at just how complicated those/that DSG box is in comparison to a simple manual box it's a terrible comparison!

I'd hazard more 197/200 boxes have failed than that particular DSG box!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Westfield, 182, 200
The point i'm trying to make is that i drive a 200 that's had a replacement box already, if it fails it'll cost me £600 to repair it, my TT had a dsg box and i was paranoid if it did something odd or made a strange noise!

In comparison, the clio is less of a worry as it:'s potentially cheaper to repair and it wouldn't stop it buying another, whereas I'll never buy another dsg car!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Westfield, 182, 200
The mechatronic unit is usually the problem and costs atound £2500 from audi, however there is at least one company that repairs them but with removal etc it costs around £800. As cars are getting older, there're lots more failures, saying that, a lot o newish cars fail too.

I took a warranty on my TT but it had to be serviced at a vat registered garage. The TT service indicator counts down on many things such as journey length, cold starts, ambient temp etc. I lost my company van and used my TT for the 10 miles daily journey-it counted down 5000 service miles in a month!

Anyway, think it's worth testing the box comprehensively on a cheap sport and also really important, look when the cambelt needs replacing as this is potentially another £500 that's often over looked.

The duplicate text below-i csn't delete as i can't get the cursor over the text???
Anyway, think it's worth testing the box comprehensively on a cheap sport, saying that i bought a cheap highj