ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap FRP! Needs some tlc

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's probably worth more in bits also but not a bad standard example. Ideal on the mileage, weird I paid less for my last one and made £1250 on it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think they look the bollox (wide arches innit) I thought minter examples were about £8k or so?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  R14 CUP
That's a great buy right there, I wish I had the cash. I'd have that in a heartbeat. Probably needs another £1500 spending on it, a good detailing and it'd be a £6500 car straight away, at least.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'd be worried about the tear on the seat. What if it doesn't dry out?!!

And what the hell is soft soaping?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd be worried about the tear on the seat. What if it doesn't dry out?!!

And what the hell is soft soaping?

Soft soaping just means hiding the bad points. Making them seem okay.

The seat repair is easy, it's only if the Alcantara rips you're in bother. They de-bobble so well. I loved mine. :(

y3use5ym.jpg

vygadyja.jpg

adajydy7.jpg

unu9epeq.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Only easy profit there really will be breaking it IMHO.

Its always going to be "that number 243 one that sold on ebay cheap cause it was ropey" ford bummers never forget!

Although true in a sense, ask any owner of an Frp, they google the number before they do anything else. But... if you wish to sell you have to note that you've fixed the issues.

Bare in mind many Ford bummers buy wrecks and restore them to former glory.

They'll always sell if they're looked after and advertised well. There must be 10 owners I could name off the cuff that left and came back, years or months later.

The second one I bought was advertised £1200 more than what I paid for it, the advert was 3 lines long and the car wasn't tidy. Simple phone call alleviated any worries and I knew if any issues. I sold my second one without even advertising it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It will be far easier to get the money in bits than whole, while I'm not saying it can't ever be worth more than it's for sale at I'm saying the work versus the return wouldn't be worth it.
If looking for profit buy it to break it.