ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest cat pipe/sports cat pipe available? Need MOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLS

Clio Sport 172
Hi all,
(2004 172)
Could you point me in the right direction for a cheap cat pipe or sports cat pipe to get me through an MOT? K-TEC Racing in Blandford, Dorset very kindly sold me an un-MOT-able 172 and are asking big bucks for any help. My fault completely for buying the car, but not very useful from their side.

I'm selling the car straight after so I really don't want to be spending too much on it. And I don't want to get rid of it for cheap as it's only done 55K.

Any help or direction appreciated.
Many thanks,

Ben

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Hi all,
(2004 172)
Could you point me in the right direction for a cheap cat pipe or sports cat pipe to get me through an MOT? K-TEC Racing in Blandford, Dorset very kindly sold me an un-MOT-able 172 and are asking big bucks for any help. My fault completely for buying the car, but not very useful from their side.

part of the reason they get a bad rep on here.

Welcome to the club though, you may find one of the members is selling just the thing you require and will be along shortly to save the day

Reactions: BLS

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
what exhaust have you got on it and has it got a 182 manifold? If it's a 182 manifold you might struggle a little more, have to get something custom or put back on the original set up. More info needed!!!!!

BLS

Clio Sport 172
It's got;
172 ph2 un silenced de-cat
172 recessed back box
172 centre un silenced

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i would put it standard if its failed mot etc keep the centre and rear box but get the de cat off

Reactions: BLS

BLS

Clio Sport 172
image.jpg
Like this one?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
nice shiny new cat i think you can sell the decat on here or fleabay claw some money back m8

BLS

Clio Sport 172
Thanks for the advice. Eventually I found one from a breakers 247spares.co.uk for £73. K-TEC quoted £460, GSF £220 and ebay £125.
If anyone else is looking for one I found these details.
Klarius number - 322440
Part number - BM90942H
The 172 cat is different to the 182.

BLS

Clio Sport 172
why selling it, out of interest?
(and does it have cruise control?)
Our family car (A3) is getting on a bit mileage wise, so putting the two together for a newer car.

Yes it has cruise control. Standard inside and out, engine has had a few tweeks. Rolling road read out of 185 last May.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Don't get a non genuine cat! They are total rubbish. the last one I had didn't even last a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.