ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest one yet? Clio 197 @ £3,195

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
If it's got decent tyres on it and the belts been done properly, that's a fcuking cheap 197!

Got cabasse and climate too. Nice car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Screams scam to me. Birmingham and mobile number in the advert?

Maybe i'm being suspicious.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Screams scam to me. Birmingham and mobile number in the advert?

Maybe i'm being suspicious.

Parkway usually sell a lot of high end stuff iirc. Maybe they just want rid?

If it was a scam, it wouldn't have 100,000 miles. I'd have thought anyway.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was a scam, the phone number would be on one of the pictures, that's usually the way.

Good colour this one too, normally the cheap ones are black.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Parkway usually sell a lot of high end stuff iirc. Maybe they just want rid?

If it was a scam, it wouldn't have 100,000 miles. I'd have thought anyway.

Feck, I didn't even realise it was a dealer! Cheap PX then. Happy days for someone.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Yeah I saw another one even cheaper but I know a scam when I see one, always done in the same way... this one looks like a 'real' good deal, the spec and miles help to back that up. Wish I was bored of the 182 lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Many.
Trying to talk my brother into buying it (hes selling his S3 and plans to replace it with a 197).

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
Why is the new thing on adverts putting photos in sepia or using instagram. Terrible.

Cheap car though!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Its cheap but not a bargain

the odds of a 100k 06 plate 197 not having something major to repair is pretty long

what a sh*tbox

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
what a sh*tbox

How do you know it's a shitbox? Seems like a bargain to me, with the handsfree kit it stands a chance of being mostly motorway miles, if it was a company car there's a chance everything could be tip top. My Passat is on 140k now and is far from a shitbox.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
How do you know it's a s**tbox? Seems like a bargain to me, with the handsfree kit it stands a chance of being mostly motorway miles, if it was a company car there's a chance everything could be tip top. My Passat is on 140k now and is far from a s**tbox.

There is a chance that its ok , however theres a much bigger chance that its going to need a fair amount of wedge into it. Even if you were lucky enough to see the cambelt done onschedule its due again next year

if thats a dealer sale it would have been pxed through at 25 with an inspection to ensure it was roadworthy
no other care woukd have been given to mechanicals abd things like the gearbox

it will a sold as seen money pit.

I would bother comparing a german barge with a 197
its chalk and cheese

think about the long list of expenses that could be due

gearbox refurb
brake caliper rebuild
cracked manifold
air con compressor
cambelt
ball joints and hubs
steering rack

sadly these werent built as motorway cruisers.....

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio 172
Surely you may aswell list everything? You've just listed things that are prone on these and doesn't mean all have happened or will happen, and may have been done.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It was a quick summary

at the end of the day noone can be sure however the chances are....

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Years ago I bought a Clio 182 with 45k miles and full service history for £6,000... it was an absolute s**tter. So many problems, ended up getting rid after 9 months because it was driving me insane.

Couple of years later I bought another Clio 182, this time on 109k miles with history (but no receipts) for £1,850... it's been an absolute dream, honestly most reliable car I've owned, so glad I gave them another chance! Had it over 2 years now.

Miles/history/cost is so variable it basically means nothing to me now, through personal experience.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
to be fair i dont agree with some of the comments it will need this that and the other.
if its done 100k thats motorway miles sat in 6th gear. so i bet the box is good.
cambelt should have been done at 72k so it shouldnt be due.
etc

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
There will always be anomalies where cars perform better than expected, however if your talking in the round the chances are that car wont be worth anyones time.
after having 140 clios you know what will be crap and that fits the bill .... Infact if you surveyed all the 197 owners on 197.net that have a clio over 70k most of them will have gone through the list above- sadly a lot of the components are not fit for purpose.

s

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
To be honest 197s aren't as bad as being made out. Ive been working for Renault for 10 years and have yet to see a knackered one. If that was a Megane 225 on the other hand im 99% sure that would be a nail.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
Its tempting to sell the 182 and go for one of these at these prices tbh, but i wouldnt want to be disappointed and i havnt had a single problem with the 182 in 15 months of ownership.