ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chips old Sierra??

53 Clio's & counting
I'm sure chip will be along to verify, I remember it's feature in max power dohnutting on Weston beach lol

His was an A reg (I just googled yellow Sierra)

CD01_65DT8155.jpg

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
I was pretty sure that he said his wasn't originally a cossie shell too. I could be very wrong though. Still a good looking car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm sure chip will be along to verify, I remember it's feature in max power dohnutting on Weston beach lol

Max power?

I think not!

Was cover car for fast ford in December 2005 though, which is probably where you saw it?

FastFordDec2005Page10.jpg
FastFordDec2005Page11.jpg

FastFordDec2005Page14.jpg

And it was more just huge amounts of sideways action than donuts in the pics, although there were a few of those too, lol.

CD04_65DT8411.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It wasn't, it started out as a red base spec car (I read it the other day)

Yeah, I had an RS500, my mate crashed it, and we found a completely mint base model shell that had been in dry storage since the 80s and used that to rebuild it.
The shells arent actually any different by the way, its only a logbook difference, like a trophy shell compared to a 182 shell.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Whose the engine gone to Chip?

Mike Woodford for his westfield mate :)

Which means I get to drive it again lots and lots once its finished, ha ha!

Long overdue but here we go!

Got round to Chips at the weekend and removed the heart from his Serria and I think a little of his own heart too.

I wasted no time getting to work.

The engine and box are a tight fit but it looks quite easy to modify the chassis to get it perfect. It literally needs a small notch to clear the starter motor mounting on the bell housing and a slight mod to allow the inlet to fit. Looks less than an hours work. :)

Only issue I've found so far that's going to take a bit of technical thinking is the steering bar runs right through the alternator so I need to run a different one, possibly on the other side of the engine.

Also the 2wd exhaust manifold is far too big to fit in so I need to source a 4wd one as the are much more compact and still capable of flowing 400bhp.

pyrasuta.jpg

dusatega.jpg

9aryqery.jpg

He wasnt kidding, I agreed to it ages ago but when we actually pulled it apart I was nearly in tears!

Hopefully it will be out on track next year!

Yeah, I had an RS500, my mate crashed it, and we found a completely mint base model shell that had been in dry storage since the 80s and used that to rebuild it.
The shells arent actually any different by the way, its only a logbook difference, like a trophy shell compared to a 182 shell.
I bet you were gutted when that happened to it? I'd have cried.

How comes you broke the yellow car up?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I had hair when that article was taken but it was shaved off, Ive had a shaved head for best part of 20 years now so never really noticed it much when I was going bald, it just got easier to cut, lol.

Proof that it was a bit longer once upon a time though:
4184_78921577790_518852790_2235473_4390375_n.jpg

TBH I was far more bothered about my mate going to hospital than my car getting towed away!

No longer had a use for it and Mike wanted the engine and box so it seemed to make sense.
Fair play Chip. Sorry to hear about your mates accident, it must have been bad (I'll shut up now!)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair play Chip. Sorry to hear about your mates accident, it must have been bad (I'll shut up now!)

TBH if he hadnt have been hurt at all I would have probably hospitalised him anyway as if he was fine I then would have been worried about the car and hence angry, LOL

We're still great mates today, I guess stuff like this is a good test of friendship, as soon as he was conscious though he was offering me different options for paying me back, such as him breaking it and making up an short fall in value etc, in the end we settled on him finding a new shell and rebuilding it for me, although I ended up doing some of the engine stuff and just let him have all the crap jobs like all the loom and sound deadening etc, lol. And then things like the paint and the new bits I paid for all of as that was stuff I wanted different anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Was he uninsured Chip?

Yes mate.

Well he was insured 3rd party of course, but wasnt fully comp on it so nothing we could claim with, as it wasnt related to work, he was just dropping it off as a favour to me.

Although would have been more of a favour if not trying to set a new wet lap record on the local back lane, LOL

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Random but why are you called Chip?

It's an ironic name because of my enormous genitals.

Like when an elephant gets called tiny? So by the same token when hung like a horse you call get known as chipolata. Then it just got shortened (the nickname not the genitals)

Clio
It's an ironic name because of my enormous genitals.

Like when an elephant gets called tiny? So by the same token when hung like a horse you call get known as chipolata. Then it just got shortened (the nickname not the genitals)

Pics?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If this was a genuine cosworth car that would be for sale for a few thousand still.Shame really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If this was a genuine cosworth car that would be for sale for a few thousand still.Shame really.

Yeah its weird the effect that just the logbook has on the value, considering the metal is identical and that shell is in FAR better condition than most 3 door sierras because:
it spent over 20 years of its life indoors
it never spent any time wet with the bodykit on (main reason 3 door cossies and rs500 rusts is water held by the kit to the sills etc)

So reality is that the metal is better than most cosworths, but the paperwork is more important than the metal, lol.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The body is gone but the heart lives on!

Still a shame to see it broken though. There's another cossie on that site though, with an engine and trans. Surely there's something to be done there...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
as always,and as with ford purists they only want genuine.

As he mentions on the site, it would be ideal for a trackday car, although not with a genuine RS500 front bumper still attached!

I was REALLY tempted to keep it and put a BMW diesel in it and use it as a daily, but then decided I would sooner just have a 3 series cab if I was doing that, lol.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Fair play anyway chip,you made a mad car and it looked the part.

Is mark shead (sp) still around.Most of the people I know from ford tunning have gone into skylines etc,there doesn't seam to be much call for the old fords lately.?
Severn valley motorsport is just up the road from me and that's all skylines now,hence my question.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PS

I suspect its quite likely to be bought by someone with a rusty rs500 and made into a real one again by swapping the numbers, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah Sheady is still around, although Ive not personally seen him for a few months, but he is still very much involved in the cossie tuning game, but also does a lot with jap stuff as well now.