ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Citroen C2 Alternative?

Meg 300Cup
I hate the C2 with a passion but taking everything into consideration, its a pretty good deal. My mate just got one and i cant think of an alternative that is similar?

0-60 about 8 seconds
Good handling
Decent Interior
Fairly cheap to buy (4k for 22k miles 07 plate)
Only insurance group 8 (old groups 1-20)

But its f**k ugly and has a citroen badge on it

So are there any cars that are similar in speed, insurance group and driving experience?

106 Gti is group 13 but better handling, Saxo Vts is group 14, Clio 1.6 is slower, Saxo Vtr is slower and 8v, Civic 1.6 is slower, and cant think of many more tbh

I know i want the 182 eventually but not getting ripped off by the insurance companies so i dont mind waiting, just thinking what next tbh.

Fiesta Zetec S?

TBH I'd sacrifice speed if it meant not having to drive a C2, I'd die a little inside every time I had to change gear.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Before I saw your price range I would've said Twingo RS....

Get a 106 gti or saxo vts and enjoy it theyre nearly as quick as a 1*2

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I hate the C2 with a passion but taking everything into consideration, its a pretty good deal. My mate just got one and i cant think of an alternative that is similar?

0-60 about 8 seconds
Good handling
Decent Interior
Fairly cheap to buy (4k for 22k miles 07 plate)
Only insurance group 8 (old groups 1-20)

But its f**k ugly and has a citroen badge on it

So are there any cars that are similar in speed, insurance group and driving experience?

106 Gti is group 13 but better handling, Saxo Vts is group 14, Clio 1.6 is slower, Saxo Vtr is slower and 8v, Civic 1.6 is slower, and cant think of many more tbh

I know i want the 182 eventually but not getting ripped off by the insurance companies so i dont mind waiting, just thinking what next tbh.

Not so sure about those figures on a C2??

I learned to drive in a C2 1.1, ins group 1!! Very VERY slow and also rated fairly safe in a crash compared to most other hatchbacks hence the low insurance....I expect the safety thing is a common theme across the range.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The above figures are for the c2 vts, not a bad car but the steering and clutch feel is wack

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I really dnt like the look of them but when looking at 1*2 there was a c2 gt and I ask for a test drive just to have a go! Was a 1.6 group 5 and to be fair it was a quite nippy car! But gears felt wrong! But for some ones first car it is a fast little car!

Meg 300Cup
Oh and the c2 gets 41 mpg combined :S i know its official stats but if ats anywhere near that its much better than most sporty cars?

Homo spec mazda
I hate C2's with a passion, no feel to the steering or feedback from pedals, which are also too close, cant stand the interior, cant stand the way they look. They do nothing for me, would rather a Slower MK3 clio, even a mk2

Cooksport Fleet
C2 is awsom car, i have built a race one. Very Very tunable, different manifold, exhaust and cable throttle body, the car is around 150bhp.

V6 255
Get an original mini cooper if you don't need to do too many miles. Best fun you'll have in a car, cheap to insure, and if you take care of it you'll get most of your money back when it's 2.0 clio time

Or just keep your 1.2 till you can/want to afford the insurance

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I went clio 1.2 > c2 gt > 182

Pretty pointless step because you dont feel the difference in speed as much when you finally get a sport, although the C2 did count for experience in a similar powered car for the clio when i insured it (dont ask me how lol)

Loved the C2 though, steering isn't as bad as people say. Pedals are light but i was commuting when i had it so was happy about that :eek: and i didn't find them any closer together than the clio really.

Out of punto sporting/old zs/clio gt/ignis i'd have a c2 again if i wanted a warm hatch. Plus they hold their values quite well since they lost most of it during the first 3 years :)

C2 gt is a nippy lil bugger but as chris205 said the clutch and steering feels s**te.. my ex gf bought 1 for her 1st car as she gt it dirt cheap on an 04 with nxt 2 no miles... jst ashame its sat on a drive not getting used as hasnt even got her licence yet