ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Citroen DS3 D-sport wheels. Iron-x??

BG 182FF
I have some sort of crap that seems baked on the front wheels of my 11 plate ds3 dsport. It's hard to describe what it is but it's on there well and kinda takes the shine from the gloss black wheels. Iv cleaned using bilberry wheel cleaner which didn't shift it then polished with autoglym SR polish and still there.

im hoping someone in the know can advise me here...will iron-x shift it? And is it safe to use on the DS3's black and diamond cut wheels??

thanks in advance :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Pics would help, but at £10 Ironx is worth a try as it removes the worst baked on brake dust.

It's pretty safe as it can be used on paint without harm, just don't let it dry

BG 182FF
I'd doubt It would even really show up tbh with the wheels being black. It's definately on the surface rather than a defect in it.
Just don't want it to be too harsh

BG 182FF
Just to mention also it's not covering the while wheel just certain corners of the spokes so guessing its gonna be really baked on brake dust

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sounds exactly like Brake dust and Iron X should shift it and it's safe on your wheels as used it on my brothers diamond cut wheels.

supa5ete.jpg

e4y5yjy9.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Maybe consider Ironx paste, you dont spray it all over the entire area, but more a paste that can be out on spot patches like the corner of spokes.