ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning and sealing the car in this cold?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
First off, I'll give you a list of things i have to do this with.

Karscher K3.86 pressure washer + Karscher foam lance
AG Pressure Washer detergent as a foam (works well)
AG SRP
Meguiars Gold Class shampoo stuff.
Wash mitt obviously.
Some polishing cloths, microfibres, and probably an artificial shammy.
Turtle Wax original Metallic wax. The paste you get in a pot.

Only problem is, in this f**king weather am I going to be fighting a losing battle? I've also got to do the mothers abused laguna which hasnt had a clean since she bought it about 6 months ago and has been used every day on backroads and up horse yards.

Anyway. Any tips for working in this weather? Except a warm bucket of shampoo of course!

Thanks!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
First tip is to bin the turtle wax ;)

As for this weather, I usually take the car down to my uncle's who has a car porch which is enclosed on 3 sides making it ideal for car cleaning, know anyone with something similar?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No unfortunatly. The new house we are moving across to over the next few days has 3 enclosed sides but nothing to protect me from the skys!

And the Turtle Wax is all I have to seal it until after xmas, brand new pot cheap as well :)

Titanium 182
I wouldn't bother, too cold. I washed mine the other weekend and nearly lost my fingers, sod trying to hold a PC straight and flat when I'm shaking like a sh1tting dog.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I quickly went over my car last weekend and was fine. Layers and a hot bucket of soap FTW!

330i. E30 Touring.
As said above. Should have really been done before now.

Just get it clean, and dry. Polish and seal when the weather picks up..

I washed mine the other day for the first time in about 2 months. The snow foam froze on the car and i spent shy of an hour blasting it off. The doors were pretty much frozen shut as well and i made the road like an ice rink.

Go for it!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Someone must have some tips for doing it this time of year?

I should get my car back from the bodyshop this weekend so will want to get it sealed ASAP.

Tips for doing it at this time of year are simple. Warm bucket of soap, warm bucket of water for two bucket method of washing. Pre foam, wash down, dry with a MF towel, once used on the car, dip in third warm water bucket, ring out, done.

Don't polish and seal at this time of year. You will do more damage than good.

F56 MINI Cooper S
give mine a quick was saturday, just simply washed and dryed off, gets the dirty and grit off for the time being, although its dirty again now

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm going to PC my Saxo at the weekend becuase i don't give a fuck!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Fast Cut+ and Menz Cutting pad and no wax yO.

Thats how i roll. I aim to do the whole car in 4 hours.

How long did it take you to pilfer that lot from work. Good effort on nicking the karcher though, was it "just helping a customer take this to their car" and yoink, in your boot.

FLOL, that would be epic.

Get me, Bear and Mike to stand either side and just drive slowly past the pads!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
They knob's up here won't take my Chris Waite Transport business card as proof of working with vehicles lol

182 & Porsche 986
I really wouldn't bother at this time of year, alot of people just seal there car before winter.
I just take mine to the hand car wash, free air freshener, win. boyfriend might kill me for saying that thinking i wash it myself.

I really wouldn't bother at this time of year, alot of people just seal there car before winter.
I just take mine to the hand car wash, free air freshener, win. boyfriend might kill me for saying that thinking i wash it myself.

Scratches and marring = lose, tbh.

AGH the sl*g
There £2.01 on trade :p and as for oil its cheaper at morrisons, 5litres of havoline for 9.99 good stuff too.

Clio 2001 Diesel Tractor
I use Diamond Bright Polish. put it on before winter and it seems to stay on the car, evertime i wash it the water beads. Mind you its £200 from a ford stealers, but iv s**t loads of the stuff all over the garage and 1 diamond bright kit does about 3 cars if your good at it. But its gaurenteed for 6 years and the black s**t that comes out the back of my car ant shifted it soo it must be good. I've heard supergaurd is better but not got my hands on that yet. :)