ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Geeks Help please :)

E90
Couple of questions wherebouts can i buy rain X? And how well does it work on sidewindows, do u get the same result as those fancy Merc water repellant windows? and if you would reccomend one polish/wax, not too expensive for maybe once or twice yearly appication what would it be. The rest of the cleaning process will be done with good old fashioned bucket and sponge ;) Thanks Peeps.

Full Fat 182
Dictch the sponge dude for starters... Search the forum for reasons why you shouldnt put a sponge anywhere near your paint.

Cant recommend Harlys Wax enough at the minute, the stuff is sooo easy to use and I even tested it on my rear side windows at the weekend. Applied thinly its perfect and saves you buying the Rain X.

AG SRP (Super Resin Polish) is a perfect fine polish, tho depending on the state of your paint a cleaner polish or scratch X mite be better first time round. Search the forum...

AceJon

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Yeah, stupid, Don't you be using a sponge.
Sponges hold grit and scratch the paint and damage it, get a soft wool mitt.

E90
Hayley said:
Yeah, stupid, Don't you be using a sponge.
Sponges hold grit and scratch the paint and damage it, get a soft wool mitt.
what if i put my hand up a ickle lamb and use that???? will that work???

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Should imagine so, just be careful its hooves don't catch the paint. Or hold a guinea pig?

E90
ohhhhh guinea pigs, good idea, i know where i can find a couple of them, i'll just follow the squeaky noises.