ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Seatbelts?!...

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Gave the car a good detail inside yesterday and noticed how grubby the seatbelts were!...

Gave them a good scrub with soapy water but didn't do much!

How do you guys clean them? Is there an easier way to do it than taking them off? OR is it relatively simple to take them off?

Ideas sil vous plait...;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
easily sorted! dont listern to people who say use special cleaners!!
clean microfiber cloth and hot water with washing powder! easily sorted and back to new in know time! scrub scrub scub! ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^ but the stuff im on about is free and every household has it! (well you would think) ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ most people dont have Meguiars APC in there garage but they will have washing powder in the home! :approve:

why spend money when you dont have to! (can you see why i got a lotus now) :eek:

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
easily sorted! dont listern to people who say use special cleaners!!
clean microfiber cloth and hot water with washing powder! easily sorted and back to new in know time! scrub scrub scub! ;)

Paul, you are implying i need to employ elbow grease... :mad:

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
^^ most people dont have Meguiars APC in there garage but they will have washing powder in the home! :approve:

why spend money when you dont have to! (can you see why i got a lotus now) :eek:

OK, I'll start off with washing powder then, see how i get on! Do i use Surf or Bold 2in1?!... ;)

Last edited:
  L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
did you sort them?! :)

Yes mate! Just soap powder and warm water, with a microfibre cloth! Unbelievable, like new!... not that i doubted it fella looking at how clean your details are!

Although i was shi*ting bricks afterwards.... i pulled the seatbelts right out so that they wouldn't come out any more to clean it, and then after the belts weren't going back into the casing very well, the slack was just dangling around! NOT good! But now luckily it seems to be a lot better, i must have strained the mechanism or something.

So if you are thinking of attempting the clean, don't put too much pressure on the belt when it is fully extended! ;)