ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning the silver side 'bullets'...

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hey people,

Quick question - my silver side bullets have a lot of dirt and cr*p on them that just wont lift off during washing.

I know they are only a cheap plastic so don't want to use anything to harsh on them or discolour/mark them...

Any tips on how to get them up good as new?
Thanks! ;)

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
yeah, will try that, although only clay i have is unopened and wanted to save it until i do the whole car! I guess i could just chop a bit off the edge?....
Any other suggestions?

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I don't think you're meant to use a whole bar in one go! I just slice off a bit at a time.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF

I was wondering that, I have a tube that i use on the exhausts all the time... was worried that it may discolour the plastic though? It's meant for metals and chromes, and the bullets are only cheap plastic?!

Megane R26
Just spray some APC and work it with a brush - should do the trick! If not, tar remover too. Sorted.