ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clever people. Laptop Help!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello :) Help!

Currently having an issue with our laptop... It is running windows 10 and is about 3 years old. It's a Dell, if that makes any difference.

The screen has gone really funny, and it is stuck in what can only be described as an 'automatic repair' loop :S

See picture here:
IzdFnNN.jpg

Can anyone suggest a way to fix it. I can't find anything online.

Thanks very much!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeh done that. Slapped my gentleman sausage on the keyboard a few times too and nothing happened.
That must be an impressive sausage. I've seen your woman!

(And insulted her, for which I am eternally remorseful)

Tap F8 when starting it up and it will give you a list of options. Choose Safe Mode and see if you have any luck that way?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
OK cool will do! Any ideas why the screen has gone strange? There are small faint lines all the way across it.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
They are there all the time Timmo. Was at the forest of Dean the other day. Symonds Yat - Lovely part of the world!

If they are there on boot up then I would say it is a hardware problem. Have you got a VGA port and can you connect the laptop to an external monitor. If it works OK on an external monitor then the GPU is ok and most likely a loose connection. When did the issue start.

It is a nice place, however can get a bit boring when you have to spend all your time here :)

DCi
1. Try monitor
2. If monitor also bad look up graphics driver for your laptop and windows 10
3. If monitor fine, screen probably fucked

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Can you not get into Windows then? If not you're best off downloading the Windows 10 ISO on another computer firing it on to USB and re-installing from that.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sorry guys haven't been able to get near a computer. Screen now fixed... However still stuck in the automatic repair loop. Have tried troubleshooting options and pressing F2 / f12 on log in but don't really know where to go from here with it.