ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

climate control panel removal?

CLIO Iceberg 172
dose anyone know how you remove the climate control panel...
is it possible to remove it without taking out the lower dash?

dose anyone have any pics of the rear of the control unit?

im trying to trace a aircon problem and so far all the fuses are fine the compressor and relays are all fine, im pity sure its got gas ans i had it refilled this time last year

please help guys

Iceburg 172FF
Its tricky. as far as i remember you can pull the sloped bit of plastic trim off towards you, the one directly above the cup holders. Then there's 2 screws to remove and the unit pulls out towards you.

CLIO Iceberg 172
cool ill give it a go tonight...
anyone got any idea whats behind it... i.e. plugs wires that i should be aware of?

CLIO Iceberg 172
i hope not that thing was hard enough to get to back in right...
plus when i had the top off to install the radio i couldn't see anyway of getting the climate control out from above

Clio 200
Not sure then mate. My CC unit was replaced couple of months ago and the garage took the radio out just to make it easier i think and to avoid any struggles

05 182
you do need to take the radio out as the 2 screws mentioned above are only accessible once its out :(

Once its free its just 2 multiplugs on each end of the unit to remove.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ As above
Radio + cage out, plastic curved panel above the cup-holders out, undo the 2 screws at the top of the Climate unit then push it out of place.

The trickiest part is getting it out after you have unclipped it, you have to get it at the right angle past the frame of the dash, fiddly but not hard.

CLIO Iceberg 172
bigger job than i thought then i think ill leave it to when iv got 2 weeks off

cheers guys

If anyone is doing this now as I just have, it takes 5 mins tops!

1. Slide the bottom panel off (above cup holders) - Just push up and towards you.

2. Take out your head unit (you will see two screws).

3. Unscrew them.

4. Pull the climate control unit down and fiddle with it until you can get it out.

Job done!

CLIO RS 182
Am going to attempt this next week. I haven't managed to find any photos of the back of the climate control panel, just assumptions on the forums that there is a multi connector cable back there - can anyone confirm that is the case? I really dont want to fiddle around with wires beyond a simple connector or two; I'll probably mess that up!
Thanks!