ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clingfilming

Im going to be doing a massive detail on the 200 shed before CSS. Instead of it getting covered in flies on the way down to the event, I was thinking of being uber gay and doing the clingfilm thing across the front bumper.

What are the detailing wh0res opinions on this?

QD has been mentioned, but I dont like the thought of driving x amount of miles, getting it covered in dirt/dust and then rubbing it all over the paintwork. I dont really mind having a bit of dust on the car. Just dont want the front end covered in flies.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'd try it mate - no harm.

I don't think that clingfilm will make any difference to a fly hitting the front of your car @ 60-70mph though as i reckon it will tear straight through.

Yes I know its uber gay, but as im gonna be spending 2 days (aslong as I dont lose the will to live) detailing it, the last thing I want is for a bunch of kamikaze flies all over my front end.

EDIT: Boosh, I was reading about it. (I know a few did it at FCS last year). Doubling up, or buying industrial stuff, works well and will protect it.
Im just slightly worried that it may do damage of some form (swirls or whatever) or even melt due to heat on the engine?.

Yes I know its uber gay, but as im gonna be spending 2 days (aslong as I dont lose the will to live) detailing it, the last thing I want is for a bunch of kamikaze flies all over my front end.

EDIT: Boosh, I was reading about it. (I know a few did it at FCS last year). Doubling up, or buying industrial stuff, works well and will protect it.
Im just slightly worried that it may do damage of some form (swirls or whatever) or even melt due to heat on the engine?.

Its a car and they are to be driven.
Lmao at clingfilm :rasp:

3M tape followed by QD at the other end. I've done it several times.

Then some German c units turned it into a scene, so I stopped.

d4b7806a-ee4a-5bf5.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Go to a car wash when you get there, use the scrubbing brush and get them flies off !

Or, have it trailered there. Or just don't bother....

Or apply so much wax, that even a fly will just ping off and hit the car behind.

Honda & VW
Go to a car wash when you get there, use the scrubbing brush and get them flies off !

Or, have it trailered there. Or just don't bother....

Or apply so much wax, that even a fly will just ping off and hit the car behind.

Considering the OP has said he is looking to spend 2 days detailing it i highly doubt he will be entertaining this suggestion much like the majority of us who write in this section...

Sarcasm was missed here.
This lol.

I might just do it to look cool/queer tbh. I dunno. I really cba with detailing once im there might I add, using a jetwash, QD etc. 2 days worth is enough. Once im there, it can fend for itself. Just I dont want all the flies across it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mines will be clingfilmed for the drive down on Friday.

If I was coming from an hour or 2 away I wouldn't bother but it's a fair trek for me and the front end has been wet flattened recently so not really in the mood to f**k it up.

Ghey yes, clean car yes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf I could be doing with that on my wheels! f**king brake dust!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Who are you trying to impress?

Sorry, I will stop trolling. I just can't be fucked with detailing anymore, My DA hasn't seen daylight in over a year and is attracting dust in the back of my cupboard.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Truth be told? Everyone who perhaps might walk past the car. I'm happy when it's clean.

I couldn't care less what other people do to their car. They can wash it with rocks (read Roy) it's up to them.

If it lasts 2,000 odd miles across multiple states in the US i'm sure it'll manage a few hundred down from Jockland.

Have you seen some of the places I need to drive through? 90% on fire I bet.

After spending a stupid amount of time detailing it before the event, I atleast want it to be looking good there. Dont really care what most think about the car tbh, but I like it to be clean, even more so for events, so having flies across it will bug the f**k outta me.

BG 182
Never had much success with the clingfilm, wind gets under it and it soon disappears! Blue 3M tape's the way to go.

Will you really be bothered to 3M the front end up after 2 days detailing?

Pressure wash station & QD seems like the best option to be honnest. Heck you could even take your own buckets, mits & MC towels and fill em up with shampoo and give it a proper wash when you're down there. Probably cost you less than all the rolls of 3M.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Will you really be bothered to 3M the front end up after 2 days detailing?

Pressure wash station & QD seems like the best option to be honnest. Heck you could even take your own buckets, mits & MC towels and fill em up with shampoo and give it a proper wash when you're down there. Probably cost you less than all the rolls of 3M.

Oh hi!

d4b78002-b2b8-94af.jpg

Is this a dream?

Cling film on a car to keep it clean so that a few geeks aren't offended by the sight of some dead bugs on the front? Just when I thought nothing else could ever surprise me. There isn't a facepalm on Earth epic enough to describe this. Honestly, I am actually stunned.