ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Extreme Lowering

I currently have a new 1.2 16v extreme on 17" titanium fox 3 evos and im looking to lower it! Cant wait!!! Was wondering if anyone has had trouble lowering theirs and where i could get the best springs from.

Cheers Guys!

hi mate had some major probs with mine as the camber needs adjusting as you will after a coupke of months go through alot of tyre on the inner edge....spax springs are very good and there are the ones i had on mine and it makes the car look fantastic.any pics of yours mate

what do your wheels like like on the clio

the titanium is a well nice finish like, i always try to get folk to buy it.

i had my clio dropped - 35mm on Pi springs and 17s. i needed the camber angle adjusting cos i was goin through tread like it was goin out of fashion! if u hav got the necessary equipment then it wil take u 20mins to adjust, if not speak to a garage. im currently running 0.5 negative, as the car turns in more when entering a corner.

Lionel Richie

Its not the camber, its the tracking, the std struts on 172/1.2/cup are all non camber adjustable.

Imagine your looking at your car from above -

\ / Front wheels (after lowering)

I I Rear wheels (after lowering)

This is why the tyres wear loads if you dont get the tracking re-set

Std struts (shocks) on a 1.2 + 60mm springs is what you want (plus a tracking adjustment!!!!!)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Whats the ride quality like using 60mm springs on the standard shocks?

Also Fred2001dynamic what tracking/camber are you running?

coilovers and springs will not affect the camber and wear to your inner tyres the front wheels on my clio lowered on spax springs by ripspeed looked like this....nothing to do with the tracking i am afraid..in the long run things will be affected but not immeadiately

/ /

if your gonna do it as it looks fab afterwards get it adjusted and said before mate

Lionel Richie

Coilovers bloody do!!!!!LOL!!! The top of my front wheels were sticking out from the arches when i fitted them initially!!!!! BUT my coilovers are camber ajustable, if you lower you car and dont get the tracking sorted, your tyres will wear out much much quicker

CUPPY, you shouldnt have gone to Rip(off)speed, theyre worse than Renault!!!!!

Paddy, its not too bad, vitually the same as lowering it 40mm, its a bit bumpy but hell it looks good!!! Handles brilliantly too

My coilovers are set up to zero (perfect tyre wear) and the camber is set slightly like this \ / dont know the exact measurements

sh*t mate dont have a cow lol!!! only saying wot ripspeed and renault told me sorry if its wrong coilovers will be better but they said the affect is the same i would interested to know more as i want to lower my cup but worried about wot i experienced before,fred can you give me some details please cheers mate...h&r coilovers are the only ones i can get a tpresent

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Fred what springs did u use with the standard shocks and did they wear out quickly? What was the rubbing like with people in the back (ive got 17s)?

Or are you using this setup with coilovers?

they can, but i personally think kwik fit are a bunch of cowboys and would never recommend anyone going to them for anything

contact all your local garages and ask them to give you quotes (if you have a tanvic, or national tyres centre, they are usually a good bet), or find a mate who can do it for you

the outside of my tyres have worn slighty more than expected, maybe something to do with where i work though

rockingham speedway - when its not busy, why not give it a thrash round

Lionel Richie

std springs????eh????? I was using standard shocks with non std Pi 60mm springs! Springs were on for 1 year and the std shocks are still ok no leaks

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Sorry Fred meant to say standard shocks might see what i can turn up now for my 1.5dci extreme

seen the ktr springs lowering 60mm, they are only 79quid. does anyone know if they are any good? im goin to have a go fitting them myself! how much are spring compressors?, iv had a little look around but havent seen any yet.

The ktr advert is a little unclear, it says uprated and lowered front springs, it also says £79.00 +vat (4 springs). i take it that is for rear springs included, and they are lowered too (bit a wee bit silly if they were not), and it isnt just front springs? does anyone know? cheers

KTR springs are Pi (personal identity ltd.)

no complaints from anyone i know with these springs

£79.00+vat = £92.83

yes all 4 springs are included in the price

Ive recently purchased the KTR springs, and fitted them myself. They are a piece of pi$$ to fit.

Ive had no problems with them, then again, its the only lowered car ive owned.

Handling is FAR FAR FAR better, you can throw it round corners like nobodys business and it sticks to the road like sh!t to a blanket.

You feel every little bump in the road though. How can i get rid of the little bumps? Coilovers???

almost impossible

you will always experiece the bumps with a lowered car because the springs are much stiffer

only possible way i can think of is to buy some aftermarket shocks and run them on their softest setting, but then the handling will suffer

Im trying to get some pics of my car. Anyone know anythin about the PGS prototype body kit on the car inthe gallery? Nice!!!

Im going to be phoning around local shops soon for springs and fitting costs but thanx for all of your help guys.

Are their any meeting happening around bham in june?

Lionel Richie

Phoenix,

yep, i live in brum, so there defo will be a meet of some description!!!

Do you ever go to the street racing in brum???

didnt know that there was any? Where and when? I wouldnt have anything to race as a standard 1.2 16v isnt the fastest thing on the road but would like to go and check it out?

Mail me if prefered mailto:phoenix69r@hotmail.com">phoenix69r@hotmail.com. Im also on messenger where i have a bad piccy taken of me beauty...its taken with me new phone from a distance but you get the idea whilst im waiting for some realy pics to be developed