ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Head Gasket Failure

wasnt sure which section to post this in.....

Im a 106 GTI owner but a friend has a Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique. She came into work this morning and said her engine managment light came on this morning and the car was playing up, but drove into work anyway.

Ive had a look at it and suspect there is no anti-freeze in the coolant so the car has overheated. The head gasket has gone (mayo under the cap).

First of all how much roughly will the repair costs and secondly does anyone have any recommendations to do the work in the guildford/woking area.

If anyone local who could carry out the work drop me a PM please :)

Cheers

Drop some coolent in there and see you never know there might have been enough otherwise costs involve ne cambelt etc

the 1.2cars do suffer from mayo in the oil but its not gaset failure just due to short trips more than anything

wasnt sure which section to post this in.....

Im a 106 GTI owner but a friend has a Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique. She came into work this morning and said her engine managment light came on this morning and the car was playing up, but drove into work anyway.

Ive had a look at it and suspect there is no anti-freeze in the coolant so the car has overheated. The head gasket has gone (mayo under the cap).

First of all how much roughly will the repair costs and secondly does anyone have any recommendations to do the work in the guildford/woking area.

If anyone local who could carry out the work drop me a PM please :)

Cheers

If the water level isn't dropping then i wouldn't worry about the may-O. A lot of cars I deal with have may-O in the oil cap.

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
If its heating up fast and drinking water then its probley the head gaskte mine went a few weeks ago if not then its probley fine all 1.2s suffer from mayo time to time

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I thought my wifes 206 had HGF, lose of coolant, mayo under oil filler cap, yet on further inspection, there was an air lock causing engine to get hot and water to evaporate. Mayo was caused by condensation due to lots of short trips etc.