ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4rt 1994

I have a MK1 Clio as my runaround, it's also a 1.4

Please don't waste your money on the engine trying to make it faster. It never will be.

Instead, the few hundred pounds you would spend on these parts to be a 'road rally car' as stated in your other post, put towards another car if you want more power.

Sorry if this comes across blunt, but I made a 0-60mph clip onto the motorway for a friend and he was right, it couldn't make 60mph under 18 seconds...

1.4 clio mk1
It's just gonna be a fun little car I'm not trying to make it brake any records just want it to sound nice look alright and if I get the use I will eventually upgrade to something different

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 65

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
@Tibbs - Chris above is right though. You can get slow cars that are cool in their own way and people accept that. Spending hard earned on making a basic, near 23-year-old car 'sound nice' is just a waste.

You might as well stick an AMG badge on the back for all the relevance it will have. As Chris said - not wanting to sound harsh, but at best, you'll get nothing other than dubious glances.

Evo 5 RS
I had one not that long ago as a run about. It only had 40k on the clock, and was a 4 speed auto. Had solenoid woes though and wouldn't go into 4th sometimes lol. f**king thing. It was a great little shopping cart, though.

More on topic, don't waste your money and save up for a 172 or newer.

@Tibbs - Chris above is right though. You can get slow cars that are cool in their own way and people accept that. Spending hard earned on making a basic, near 23-year-old car 'sound nice' is just a waste.

You might as well stick an AMG badge on the back for all the relevance it will have. As Chris said - not wanting to sound harsh, but at best, you'll get nothing other than dubious glances.

AMG lol

It's just gonna be a fun little car I'm not trying to make it brake any records just want it to sound nice look alright and if I get the use I will eventually upgrade to something different

You could look out for some 16v bits, however I think these maybe quite hard to find now.

Here's a 16v kit

Red1_zps0dd5ba7c.jpg

But don't be leaving it like this...

img0047.jpg

Alternatively, what about just a set of multi spokes?

DSC00153.jpg

IMO your to-do list should be:

New plain number plates
Remove all window stickers
A good polish and back to black treatment
Silver 15" Oz Racing Superturismo Alloys with some nice tyres
Lower it however much you want
New wipers
Perhaps some seat covers / mats / air fresheners but nothing fancy just plain black

Of course the ultimate find for you would be a 16v in your colour with a side impact ready to strip for bits.

That's all I can come up with

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Why did you even buy something so old? it must have cost more than a mk2!

Get rid, get a better car in the first place.

1.4 clio mk1
Its was giving too me from me uncle so I wanted a toy car to play about with as I didn't wanted to mess about with the family car it's nearly all stripped out now just adding lightness it's all abit of fun of a learning curve and like I said if I can get much use out of it and enjoy it I'll go buy something els in a few years but I loving it at the moment

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 64
As mentioned, leave as is & save up for a newer car in a couple of years, or leave as is and spend the cash you were going to use to mod it on getting lashed or something.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's a 5 door Clio, don't waste any money trying to make it something it's not.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yes, buying a 172 would make more financial sense but, if people wanted to make financial sense, they'd be driving a little diesel runabout. Life is too short.

It's your car and your money, do what you want to it.

1.4 clio mk1
Haters will hate got some interior for sale if anyone's interested what stop me from doing an engine conversion eventually??

Attachments

• IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 57

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Atleast get some lightweight doorcards to finish it off if youre going to strip the doors down... If anything now you've just got a slow car that has loud road noise rather than just a slow car.