ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.8 16v brake conversion

Audi A4 TDi Sport
i have a p reg 1.2 clio and have gone threw 2 sets of disks since july due to doing a lot of miles on twisty roads. i have been told it is because the disks are solid and they get to hot. anyway, i have being wanting to do a conversion off a 1.8 16v for ages now and feel this is the time to do it. i was just wondering if anyone had done it and could give me any advice. i know i will need calipers, carriers, disks, pads and all the bolts but do i also need the hubs aswell?

FOR SALE!!!
no mate you wont need the hubs :) will all just bolt on i have done the same on my mk2 ph1 1.2 8v as myn has the smaller cailpers on it and jsut all went on :)

FOR SALE!!!
no mate you wont need the hubs :) will all just bolt on i have done the same on my mk2 ph1 1.2 8v as myn has the smaller cailpers on it and jsut all went on :)

Ive got a 1.28v aswell, was it hard to do?

Can you get grooved discs to just replace the standard discs?

yup u can not a lot of people rate groved disk but there good for looks it was not hard to do at all remove everythink then refit all works fine i want some new disk tho now as i brought these with jsut normal disk and there a bit worn so want to get my self groved 1's as i think they look nice behind the wheel