ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Cambelt

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guys, does anyone know how much it should be to replace the Cambelt non air con. I've had a couple f quotes already but they are pretty expensive. Renault quoted me something like £750 and a local garage nearer the £500 bracket.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hello local RS owner. :)

I'd go to Birchdown if you're in shrewbury. They're based at malpas (Just outside whitchurch)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah Birchdown or BTM are both good, just i've always used Birchdown.

Prices for Birchdown.

Renault Clio 172 Cup models (without air conditioning):
Gates timing belt kit with Renault auxiliary belt including cam seals £237.98.
Fully inclusive of vat.

Renault timing belt kit with Renault auxiliary belt including cam seals £295.97.
Fully inclusive of vat.

Lionel Richie
^i can speak english though ;), those birchdown prices aren't correct, we price share so its "fair trade"

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol, no idea then, just pinched the prices from the site.

Lionel Richie
oh really? i'll have a word!

EDIT just checked, if they charged £60 less than me then they did the job for £21.80 per hour + vat, either steve can't operate a calculator or you misheard me on the quote?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
yeah thats what im checking. Ive got the cup aux set up on my ph1. So i have no a/c :)

Lionel Richie
gentlemans agreement?

loads of companies do it "find the same product cheaper and we'll match it" etc etc???

172 cup- suzu rf600r
http://www.bis.gov.uk/files/file45711.pdf

it depends on whether you have a prior agreement to both charge the same amount or if you both have a policy to match ANY local price lol.

if your charging fairly (which from what iv heard you are) then no ones likely to complain, and theres nothing wrong with a gentlemans agreement, except in the eyes of the law :D

I only thought of it because my old marketing lecturer always went on about supermarkets doing it