ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup exhaust

Clio 200 Raider
hi guys,

ive noticed my exhaust is starting to blow again, my orginal one fell off last aug/sept time, i had a new one fitted by renault under warranty, my warranty has now run out.

do i kick up a fuss because this has only lasted about 4k miles, how is that suffcient miles?

surely there supposed to last longer than that?

i know most people will say get a stainless steel one which i think is a good idea as i think i will keep the car for some time, but im just annoyed that this one seems like its on the way out and it should last longer

surely my current one is not fit for purpose?

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
depends if the exhaust is knackered, or if its just worked loose and needs adjusting. after a year i doubt its rusted through or anything.

Leon Cupra 300
Nope... mine was replaced by the lad who had it before me when the car was about 2 1/2 years old.

The replacement is a custom made hidden jobbie, its bloody brilliant!!!

Leon Cupra 300
Well.. Yes i suppose so, at tick over it spits and pops, its not boomy on the motorway, and on full whack it sounds immense!

The only time it does my head in is i just want to drive normally or whatever where it is obviously a tad more intrusive than the standard jobbie. As far as aftermarket go i don't see you getting better, it looks like it'll last a million years too :D

Clio 200 Raider
Well.. Yes i suppose so, at tick over it spits and pops, its not boomy on the motorway, and on full whack it sounds immense!

The only time it does my head in is i just want to drive normally or whatever where it is obviously a tad more intrusive than the standard jobbie. As far as aftermarket go i don't see you getting better, it looks like it'll last a million years too :D

sounds like you've done all right there :cool: