ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Wheel Bolts

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
This might be a daft question, but has anyone replaced the wheel bolts for their 172 Cup? I ordered some bolts online but the taper is too small for the Speedline Turinis. Mine are all rusted and I want to replace them. I know I need M12 x 1.5 thread size but can someone tell me the correct taper size to fit my wheels? or recommend some that would fit.

I was going to order these, anyone know if they will fit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Locking...id=100033&prg=9537&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=270490490010

Cheers people!

172 cup
If it helps I just sprayed mine with some silver hammerite and they came up like new.

6F3488EC-E2C5-42B6-8E33-FFF347C08343_zpsydpd85y6.jpg

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I thought about painting mine, but they're in pretty bad condition, they need replacing, one of them actually snapped when I took it out, luckily not in the hub. Got a spare from the garage to tide me over.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
not sure how the ones you bought could be wrong, as far as I was aware you either have flat, radius or taper seats and a taper seat is standard at 60 degrees.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
The taper was 60 degrees but the length of it was about 5mm shorter than the standard bolt and it wasn't sitting properly in my wheel, I asked the mechanic when I went to get a spare bolt and he said he wouldn't trust them, just going from his advice really.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Cheers JamieG seems like going through Renault will be my best bet.