ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Fault code P0443 what have I done!!

clio sport
Hi having trouble with my clio 172 engine light came on, a mate connected it up and the error is P0443, Looked it up and found it is Evaporative Emission system purge control valve circuit????? What does this do / how does it work. I did read this can cause low idle I think mines at about 600rpm is that too low?

I did take the pipe off from the inlet manifold to make sure it wasnt blocked with gunk it wasnt. I took the carbon cannister off and bashed it about a bit and carbon come out willthis now get sucked into my engine? will it be the valve at the top or the cannister does anyone know how to check them. You can buy carbon pellets can i cut the bottom off and put new carbon in it.

Any help will be grateful I seem to have made it worse also are the joints from the petrol tank suppose to have 1 o ring or 2 not sure if i lost one?

Wishing I had never touched it.

BMW M135i
Thats the carbon canister solenoid at fault, off the top of my head there isn't any readback off it so its probably open circuit. Either its disconnected, theres a break in the loom or its broken down internally.