ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 High Rev's Upon Starting after Service

Clio 172 Ph1
Hi Folks,

Appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Serviced the car yesterday. new Oil, Filter & Plugs.

Completed oil & filter change, checked level, then started her up and run for a minute or so, re checked level. All fine.

Then changed the plugs. Did in sequence, one at a time, correctly torqued etc. Put the inlet manifold back on connected everything up again and then started. It immediately went to high rev's. I turned off straight away when it went above 5k as I was sat in the drivers seat.

I checked the throttle position and all normal & cable was returned fine. I checked that I connected all the sensors back up and they were fine.

Not sure what the issue is.

plugs were NGK R platinum

The car is modified running de cat, KTR exhaust, Kat Cams, ECU mod etc. The things I disconnected during service were, brown connector to engine block above oil filter so I could use filter wrench. Air filter hose to inlet manifold, Coil pack connector, Sensor on left of inlet manifold and small diameter air / breather tube on front right of inlet manifold. I checked that these were all connected correctly and they were

I plan to remove the inlet manifold this morning and take another look, but not sure whats causing it. I didnt disconnect the battery during service. I'm wondering if the ECU is doing something based on sensors, All wires on sensors look fine, nothing damaged. Inlet manifold gasket was almost new so didnt bother replacing that. It was all nice & snug and should be air tight.

Any ideas ?

Many.
Breather on the underside of the inlet, the rubber ring has most likely moved, or just compressed far enough to not seal anymore.

Clio 172 Ph1
Spot On ! , Thanks Alex

Ring seal had moved, conditon was ok, but I used some high temp silicon round outside of ring seal also just in case, job done ! :)