ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - Matt Black inlet manifold and fuel rail guard

BG PH1 Megane 225
Decided to give my engine bay a tidy up and did a bit of painting on Sunday. I painted the inlet and the fuel rail guard matt black and I think it's turned out pretty good if I do say so myself :approve: For anyone interested in how I did it I just cleaned the parts with a degreaser and gave them a good scrub, left them to dry and covered the parts I didn't want painting in newspaper and masking tape. Then I attacked them with Simoniz matt black engine enamel spray paint. Anyway, here are the pictures!

SDC10072.jpg

SDC10073.jpg

SDC10081.jpg

SDC10080.jpg

SDC10078.jpg

SDC10077.jpg

SDC10083.jpg

BG PH1 Megane 225
I'm probably going to leave it black to be honest, I was thinking of maybe painting it yellow but I'm not sure it would look right against the car with it being Iceberg silver :S

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I polished mine, but was thinking of doing the tricolore colour scheme on it

BG PH1 Megane 225
I'd been putting off doing mine for a while too, the worst part is dismantling the car! once you get painting it's actually pretty fun :cool:

BG PH1 Megane 225
Thanks :) it's definitely worth doing, makes such an improvement! I'm tempted to rip out the airbox and give that a good cleaning too as it's looking a bit grubby next to the freshly painted parts :eek: I'm getting more and more tempted to paint the renaultsport logo yellow too :cool:

clio 182, Citroen vts
I like the look Captain. I've been thinking of doing mine in black crinkle paint for a while, kind of like Type R red crinkle. I've seen it on plenty of Jap cars and it looks good.

But I have a question for you, when pulling every thing apart do I need a new seal for the inlet manifold or is the old one still fine?

Cheers, thanks for advice.

BG PH1 Megane 225
Thanks :) I presume you mean the gasket? if so, yes it's fine to re-use it! Many people on here re-use it and my inlet has been off many times without replacing it and it's all still running peachy :approve: