ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 not running too well :(

clio 172
well this is how the story went I was on my way to work at 2am this morning and just sat at a steady 70 the stop and battery light started to flicker thought nothing of it as I was more or less at work and had no time to play with it (apart from try start it and it wouldn't only with jump leads it would start) then I finish work to (got a jump again) started to drive home the abs light come on then went off for about a mile then the stop and battery light started to flicker too and run pretty ruff then cut out but then I would have to jump start it again!!! for the same thing to happen again 3 hour later am home!! lol *lovely day*

I did refill the aircon yesterday and 1 aircon pipe was leaking so was pointless but to this the pipe that was leaking was near the alternator so my question is how do I fix this and what you all thing my problem is *with the car*:quiet:

many thanks mark

I would check the alternator first mate, jump-start the car, get a voltmeter on the battery and if the alternators charging it should be around 13 - 14v. Anything under that and you'd need a new alternator Cheers Scott