ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Plastic (in car) release lever

Clio Sport 172
Hope some-one can help with this - or has heard of it. I am having trouble with the bonnet realease lever for my 53 Clio 172 - nothing happens when you pull the lever despite several efforts, the bonnet does not pop. I've had the car in to Renault previously and mentioned this issue and they said there was nothing wrong with it.

Perhaps I am missing something? If so, how do I get the bonnet open? I know there has been problems with the release catch under the bonnet, but I am not sure if this falls into the same category. If anyone can advise I would be most grateful. Cheers

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sometimes my bonnet doesn't "pop" open when I pull the lever but it opens, just means I have to give it a little pull up to get to the latch.

54 astravan 1.7tdci
i'd get some one to gently push up and down on the bonnet while you pull the lever.the catches do get stiff.once open spray the catch with wd 40 or such like.makes a right difference.

first time i went in my car before i bought it, it fell off!!!

things went downhill from there really.... :(

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Probaly have trouble closing when you open it, just sounds like the cabel has come lose