ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 progress thread . k tec exhaust vid

clio 172 phase 2
hey all i thought id move my thread into the project thread as its in the media one at the momment and im getting updates all the time so its more of a project thread.

well i bought this pearl black 172 clio sport in septemeber as sumone decided to crash into my saxo :( . so i seen this advertised locally i also knew the lad selling it , when i went to see it i was quite disapointed as the lad didnt mention hardly anything that was wrong with it , also it had no mot :/ so bought it on a complete gamble , anyways i got the car 1,500 it had 61,000 miles and most of the service history , also came with gaz coilovers and speedline 2118 s which was a bonus... booked it in for an mot in the morning failed on emissions , eml light was on the dash so i thought id change the lambda which was the problem .

since then ive fitted the follwoing parts
pure motorsport top mounts
cb6bb3769b0a37733110dbae437e8908.jpg

powerflex dog bone
photo-2.jpg

full cambelt change including dephaser
oil change
led side lights
new rear numberplate light and led bulb
samco elbow
IMG_3973.jpg

4 yoko parada spec 2
oreca steering wheel
photo-9.jpg

momo boss
sprayed top grill
fitted alpine speakers.

when i bought it the front bumper was in a mess the dude had clipped a kerb and smashed the bumper so had that full resprayed , also my engine cover the same also my exhaust was haning on by earth cable so sorted that out , just lots of little things that need sorting .

my future mods
full exhaust system
go back to the standard filter with uprated panel filter
pure motor sport strut brace
trendlines
brembo hc discs
ferodo pads /mintex 1444
whiteline rear arb
poly bush front end

then once all this is sorted maybe some engine mods rs2 etc

heres some pics of my clio
photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

photo-3.jpg

myclio172-3.jpg

dannysclio172-2.jpg

dannysclio172-1.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-11.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

thanks for looking please comment with your opinions cheers

Last edited:
  clio 172 phase 2
Re: my black 172 project (pic heavy )

they are really good looking wheels, nightmare to keep clean tho in white

PB 182 (1 of 29)

Looking good, ordering the top mount/brace combo myself when they're back in stock. Love the 2118s!

clio 172 phase 2

Little update,
Got my 4 new yoko paradas on the car what a diffrence .
Also my momo boss has arrived :)

Il be fitting the steering wheel 2moro

clio 172 phase 2

Well went to fit my new steering wheel today , and demon tweeks sent me a Porche 944 boss .... So not a good start then the squib messed up so had to sort that out too not a good day!

clio 172 phase 2

little update , somtime this week il be fitting my new bottom ball joint while im there im goin to clean the inner arches maybe underseal them too, also remove coilovers and give them a bit of a spruce up , also id like to paint my calipers at some point probally hammrite black , shall see how i get on il post some pictuers up too . cheers

clio 172 phase 2

Right been a while since i been on my project thread , since the last
Post ive fitted my genuine renault matts , also got a ph1 stalk ready to
Go on as i need a horn for my oreca wheel , also sprayed my front diamond black to give it a more aggresive look i like it looks evil ;) so today i was a bit grumpy pissed off with work so i treated my self too some carbon fibre interior inserts :) been after a set for ages ! Will also be taking a trip down my local renault dealership to pick up my service items , oil filter , pollen filter , plugs il get oil from my work as i can get free mobil 3,000 5-40 so thats a a bonus :) will also be de wipering the rear 2moro so o will get pics 2moro cheers for looking .

clio 172 phase 2

so over the past few days i gave my car a good clean and also fitted my new carbon dash inserts :)
heres some pics.
photo-34.jpg

on saturday i decided to spend a bit of time cleaning it as it needed a good scrub, so i washed it using the two bucket method, dried,clayed,and auto glym hd wax , came out pretty well removed most of the swirls in the paint and the faint scratches,
photo-38.jpg

photo-36.jpg

photo-35.jpg

was planning on cleaning it for the local meet on the sunday but somthing came up so wa sunable to attend was gutted !

so last night me and few of my mates where bored so thought wed try take some good snaps of our cars using my mates camera.

noddycam1.jpg

noddycam2.jpg

multistory1.jpg

noddycam3.jpg

since i had the day off today i thought id try and find the knocking noise coming from drivers side suspension, so took the coilovers out to find that my damper is completley shot and also bent , so off to gaz for a fresh refurb on all 4 i think .

my to do list in the next few weeks
oil +filter
pollen filter
plugs
repair exhaust (blowing)
replace pas pressure switch
get a full geo setup as steering is all over the shop

thats about it for now towards may il be looking for an exhaust system and rs tuner

cheers for looking

clio 172 phase 2
Engine cover sticker

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332965900.763857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332965900.763857.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 174
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332965921.079770.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332965921.079770.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 135
  clio 172 phase 2
Bit of an update got my genuine oil filter and mobil 5-40 oil , also a new engine cover sticker . Looks much better .

Waiting to pay for a pas pressure switch and a ph1 indicator stalk . This month il be tackling the list of things i need to fix!

Will be updated more often .

Non Sport Megane

Sticker doesnt look straight! :p iv made soem bigger ones at work if your interested! pm if you want any, i made about 30! :L and have only used 2! iirc they are 200mm long

clio 172 phase 2

Cheers buddy will look alot better soon enough :) got a week of in may its also my birthday so ima try blag and exhaust of my mrs lol

Chocolate Orange 172

Cheers buddy will look alot better soon enough :) got a week of in may its also my birthday so ima try blag and exhaust of my mrs lol

It's all about blagging parts off the missus, try it regulary and 9 times out of 10 it works lol

Motor is looking good mate, I strongly suggest either a recessed or stealth exhaust from K-Tec, have the recesssed one on mine and I have to say it's a top quality bit of kit!!

clio 172 phase 2

It's all about blagging parts off the missus, try it regulary and 9 times out of 10 it works lol

Motor is looking good mate, I strongly suggest either a recessed or stealth exhaust from K-Tec, have the recesssed one on mine and I have to say it's a top quality bit of kit!!

Haha yes mate it used to work alot with her but i kept selling them on and buyin better haha so shes a bit tight now !
I was thinking the recessed system from k tec , but i like the btb stealth system or the piper stealth wel see at the time i guess but theres many too choose from . Cheers for looking buddy

clio 172 phase 2
So today i went to my local motor factor to pick some service items up , i bought

. Pollen filter
.ngk plugs
.new exhaust mount

My long weekend is aproachin so il be servicing the car then .

Mobil 3000 5-40 oil 5 litres (free ;) )
Renault oil filter and sump plug washer.
Pollen filter
Ngk plugs
Coolant flush
Ph 1 indicator stalk
New pas pressure switch
Aero wipers

And that shall be it for this month as off next month il be taking the car of the road for a few weeks as im goin to be sending the coilovers of for a refurb also fitting new pads and discs all round .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333029178.110963.jpg service

clio 172 phase 2
As it was a nice evening thought id clean the car and take some snaps :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046439.575573.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046452.732105.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046452.732105.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 144
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046465.290938.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046465.290938.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 190
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046480.287267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333046480.287267.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 140
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Re: my black 172 project (new pics)

Very nice! On a side note can you get me some free oil please? ;)

Black ph2 172

nice looking motor mate where did you get the engine cover sticker from it looks well smart ??

clio 172 phase 2

nice looking motor mate where did you get the engine cover sticker from it looks well smart ??

Got it from ebay bud , n2grafix2011 hes the seller mate,

Type in the search bar
Clio engine stickers