ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 sport - cv joints \ drive shaft

Clio 172 cup
Heya guys, does anyone know if the part store is trying to rip me off here...
My 172cup failed its MOT on insecurely mounted cv joints, and im told that i have to buy a whole drive shaft as its a one peice unit. I have no objections to this if its needed lol just not heard of it before :S any advice and or help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance - Justin

Clio 172 cup
thanks for a fast response, thats what the mot tester recorded as the reason for it failing - insecurely mounted to its housing.
Guessing theyre just knackered but im having the comany i bought it from look tomorrow as it has a warranty for another 4 months...
best quote ive had so far is 75 each for replacements but ofc thats not from a renault dealer, would i be right to assume its risky getting from a third party company

Black 172
You can just replace the cv joints if not trade your old one in at Renault and they are around £125 each

S'trollin on size 7s
full driveshaft only on these , i had same issue, i was told renault were only people that had them aswel ,cost me £170 fitted.