ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 sport lowering advice

renault clio 172
hi everyone

im in need of urgent advise with regards to lowering the clio heres a brief message to why im so confused on what to do. last year my clio was on origanal 16" borbet a's with 7.5j i then lowered it 60mm rear and 50mm front i believe they was but not 100% sure as i foolishy bought second hand which i wont be doing again as one spring snapped but to cut a story short i have a different exhaust system which hangs lower then chassis which im changing and getting custom made one to fit better in channel but when the car was on these springs the rear scrapped on the stretched tyres but the front didnt look low enough for my taste and the exhaust bounced off the uneven brittish roads i now have 15" bbs with 6.5j so i need advice asap on how low to go i want the car sitting just above the tyres euro style

many thanks hope u ppl can help me out asap

This made me lol "euro style", if you have the cash why not get coilovers? That way you have full control over you drop and everything is adjustable and you won't have the chance of another spring snapping on you! cheers

renault clio 172
glad i made you laugh ive been looking at coilovers but loads ive seen only give a drop or 30mm-70mm max and if im spending that sort of money then i want to be able to lower it atleast up to 120mm all round if wanted like u say u will have that option really dont know what to do i want it looking good whilst still being practical