ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 throttle potentiometer

Hi,

anyone know where I could get hold of a new throttle potentiometer for my clio 172 ? Mine has packed up and the local Renault dealer here (South Africa) wants to rush me R4400 for one. Im sure one can be had for a lot cheaper over there. Any info, links etc would be appreciated.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

how much is R4400 in GBP??

That way we can work out if it is cheaper to buy one in uk and send it etc.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

The potentiometer is built onto the throttle body and you cannot buy it seperately - i can sell you a used one for £50 + vat but i cant deliver it.

For Mike172Sport, thanks for the pm. Cant pm you back your inbox is full.

Do you work for Renault ? Is it possible for you to check the price from a renault dealer there ? The part number is 8200053557. Im interested to see how much Renault SA is pulling the piss.

I have located a crashed clio at a local scrappy. Will be checking it out this morning to see if the part can be salvaged. Will let you guys know if I come right or not.

Please see if you can find the price out in the mean time. I have a feeling we are being badly ripped off here and want to see what a bit of jumping up and down can achieve.