ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 sport
hey all im currently the highest bidder on this but still not reserve met i went to 1100 what u guys think to it????

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 2.0 16v 172 Sport
as you may be aware, some renaults do have electrical faults that occur in them when not looked after properly or due to being a bit old. This seems like mechanically sound but electrical problems which could end up costing you. Xenon headlight for example ios expensive. problem with the immobiliser could be costly. may sound like little niggles but the last thing you want is your new car to be full of annoying little problems. fair play to the seller for being honest but he seems to want extra money for things such as tax and a new tyre - i would want those things included in the price. Also, done 116k miles which is a lot, MOT is due in JANUARY - its cheap for a reason mate - beware

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 sport
just spoke to guy and will take 1400 cash which i dont think is to bad a price is it?? i have 1600 to spend so will have couple 100 to put right??

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
for the price you can get a straight 172 i wouldnt buy one with lots of problems to only save a couple of hundred quid tbh

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 sport
ye i no what u mean dunn but that hardly has any problems tbh when spoke to him he seemed genuine and states etc all ok now only prob is the tyre with i have a full set of 172 alloys with tyres of my old 172 so maybe worth 1500 spending

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 2.0 16v 172 Sport
but also states that the airbag light is on. if the connector were broke, the service light should come on. and, he says only 20 quid to fix. wouldnt you spend 20 quid and fix before sale if this was the case? just sets alarm bells off in my mind but each to their own. Dunn is right, plenty more decent 172's out there without said problems. If it was me, i would be looking at a little less milage, less likely to have these "little" issues and better peace of mind that you can get some good use out the car

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
Agreed ^^^

they are not little problems tbh and the immobiliser will be a pain to sort i can imagine

good for a track car for cheap

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Jim's rejects
If you got it for less than £1400 then I'd say for a ph2 with a few probs aint bad.
I aint seen a straight ph2 yet for anything less than that. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any ph1's that were 100% problem free.

My ph2 (51 reg) needed a new engine and still cost £1200 from a mate! me and feirny spotted a nice ph1 - 120k on the clock fetching interest at £1600.. no doubt it would have had a few niggles too, I bet half of the sh*t aint listed on most adverts for a Renault! At least the seller is being honest.
Expect electrical problems anyway - because its french and built by people who drink wine in their dinner hour.

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you got it for less than £1400 then I'd say for a ph2 with a few probs aint bad.
I aint seen a straight ph2 yet for anything less than that. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any ph1's that were 100% problem free.

My ph2 (51 reg) needed a new engine and still cost £1200 from a mate! me and feirny spotted a nice ph1 - 120k on the clock fetching interest at £1600.. no doubt it would have had a few niggles too, I bet half of the sh*t aint listed on most adverts for a Renault! At least the seller is being honest.
Expect electrical problems anyway - because its french and built by people who drink wine in their dinner hour.

He'd have taken £1400 for that, easily. Think he still has it actually.