ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Coolant hoses that bypass the heater matrix

Clio 220 PH2
Hi there,

I am thinking about removing the heater matrix in my track car and was wondering if anyone can let me know where i can get hoses to bypass it ?

Many Thanks
Ben

182cup & 172 racecar
First of all, why.
Just buy one of those plastic joiners, cut pipes and join them together.

-6-6-straight-pipe-fittings-plastic-fittings-hose-fittings-silicone-tube-adapter-connector_76733.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
First of all, why.
Just buy one of those plastic joiners, cut pipes and join them together.

-6-6-straight-pipe-fittings-plastic-fittings-hose-fittings-silicone-tube-adapter-connector_76733.jpg
I didn't even think about that you have just saved me lots and pain and money :) thank you very much
Do you know what size i will need ?

Thank you so much
Ben

182cup & 172 racecar
No, cant remember size. Still don't know why you want to remove it. I've kept mine in Big Burp, and just had the heater connected back up in Baby Burp.
Heat soak for engine, plus stops steaming up when it;s cold and wet.

Clio 220 PH2
No, cant remember size. Still don't know why you want to remove it. I've kept mine in Big Burp, and just had the heater connected back up in Baby Burp.
Heat soak for engine, plus stops steaming up when it;s cold and wet.
Well I wanted a clean look inside instead of looking at that plastic box as well I am only running the top of the dash as well. I have been looking at heated front screen to replace it to get around the misting front screen problem and have a roof scoop for air flow inside

Clio 220 PH2
I agree, thought of removing mine a while ago but it's not worth the hassle. For all the weight it is, makes life easier for de misting the window etc.
Do you still run your full dash ? Because that's why I want to get rid of it so it doesn't look messy in the car

Clio 220 PH2
Yeah I've still full dash. I can see what you mean if your only running the top as it looks better with all the heater controls gone.
The cage I am running means I don't think I can run the dash bar which makes fitting the bottom of it very hard. I just want it to look smart especially when it's painted

182cup & 172 racecar
I cut all the sh1tty bits off the heater, then stuck a piece of black plastic across the front of it. It only goes up to the screen, and nothing to the footwell. Much tidier.

Clio 220 PH2
I cut all the sh1tty bits off the heater, then stuck a piece of black plastic across the front of it. It only goes up to the screen, and nothing to the footwell. Much tidier.
That sounds good mate I don't suppose you have any pictures of it do you ?

182cup & 172 racecar
Might be in the build thread somewhere. I know it involved a dremmel, and a lot of mess. But the heater box is much slimmer now,esp without all the footwell stuff on it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes.
Just cut into it, then you can see what you don't want. Cut it all back, and I think it was a biscuit box lid, siliconed on and sprayed black. Job don.

Clio 220 PH2
Yes.
Just cut into it, then you can see what you don't want. Cut it all back, and I think it was a biscuit box lid, siliconed on and sprayed black. Job don.
That's doesn't seem too bad to be fair it looks smart
Just looking at your fire wall (changing the conversation completely) have you scraped all the glue sealer stuff off ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If I remember rightly the front ones are held down with some plastic nuts on studs in the bulkhead/firewall, all the rears are glued and as you said just heat them up and scrape off, I found a hairdryer was enough to warm up the glue, it is a messy job though and normally ends up with a lot of residue that needs removing afterwards

Clio 220 PH2
If I remember rightly the front ones are held down with some plastic nuts on studs in the bulkhead/firewall, all the rears are glued and as you said just heat them up and scrape off, I found a hairdryer was enough to warm up the glue, it is a messy job though and normally ends up with a lot of residue that needs removing afterwards
Thats cool thank you very much i have got all the brown stuff out its just this waxy glue stuff. Have you taken it out the rear as well or is that a bad idea ?
Cheers

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I haven't done the bulkhead yet, but all the others are off, including the one on the roof, I wouldn't say it was a bad idea but then mine is track only, and I don't mind all the noise

Clio 220 PH2
I haven't done the bulkhead yet, but all the others are off, including the one on the roof, I wouldn't say it was a bad idea but then mine is track only, and I don't mind all the noise
Yeah I have got it all off the roof it is pretty heavy stuff glad I got rid to be honest and it looks better.
Mines going to be mainly a track car that I can use on the road (just to get to the track) but I am not worried about noises and what not. Saving weight is more of a better thing haha

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I found that with the glue on the roof and om the rear 1/4 panels it was easier to gently heat and peel away with scraper/fingers rather than use some sort of cleaner, the ones I used seem to turn the glue into a gel and make things worse, I guess when you start to add all the weight up then 5kgs here and 7kgs there become quite a lot, especially when I'm not the lightest myself :)

Clio 220 PH2
I found that with the glue on the roof and om the rear 1/4 panels it was easier to gently heat and peel away with scraper/fingers rather than use some sort of cleaner, the ones I used seem to turn the glue into a gel and make things worse, I guess when you start to add all the weight up then 5kgs here and 7kgs there become quite a lot, especially when I'm not the lightest myself :smile:
Well yeah this is true when all the kilos add up it becomes a light car and then it becomes a really fast track car and shames more faster cars round the track :) go light weight clios haha
Do you have a 182 ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
No no just a 172, it's not bad, certainly quicker off the mark than some of the other cars I've had, and makes the v8 4x4 I have look quite ordinary

Clio 220 PH2
No no just a 172, it's not bad, certainly quicker off the mark than some of the other cars I've had, and makes the v8 4x4 I have look quite ordinary
I must admit I do like the 172. I like the fact people look at it and think it's just a Clio and shocked when they find out how fast they are :)