ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 (cup suspension) inner tie rods

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Is it still the case that inner tie rods for the Clio 182 with cup supension are a Renault only item? Does anyone know what the part number would be?

Thanks.

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Just received a reply back from Renault stating that they need to know the make of steering rack in my car as the tie rods will differ depending upon what the make is, so they couldn't provide me with a part number without this info. Does that sound correct?

S4 Avant
That sounds a hell of a lot like Renault. Just go to a motor factors and ask for track rod ends and your reg plate. You won't pay stupid prices, and the chances are they'll be the same part used on all the Renault range.

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
That sounds a hell of a lot like Renault. Just go to a motor factors and ask for track rod ends and your reg plate. You won't pay stupid prices, and the chances are they'll be the same part used on all the Renault range.

I would prefer to do that, but I'd read that the inner tie rods for cup packed 182's are a Renault only item. I just wanted to confirm if that was really the case. If its not it makes life a whole lot easier :)

CursedTitanium 182FF
Yes, they are too short. I have one on my car that the previous owner fitted (W&nker)

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Renault only. Aftermarket ones are too short.

Any ideas on part number? Failing that i'll probably need to take the car to Renault to get them to determine the correct parts. I had hoped to avoid using them especially for labour.

172/1.2/E30
Just have a look at the steering rack, there should be a sticker with the manufacturer's name on it. Most likely to be SMI.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i cant remember the exact location of the sticker but i remember seeing it on mine when i had to find it, was pretty easy to see lol!! not much use that!!