ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Exhaust Kit??

Track 172cup
there was a thread about this just yesterday aswell

bascially get underneath and have a look at your exhaust hangers, if they have sagged or cracked then yeh it would be worth replacing at the same time

why replace something when you don't know the condition of the one you've already got ?

Clio RS 182
Sorry didn't notice there was a thread regarding the same question!

I will deffo replace the mounts as they are pretty fukd, the main thing was the Clamp and Fitting Kit?

Clio RS 182
I was told by a mechanic that at the engine side of the cat, it would need a new gasket etc to take the strain of having a SS exhaust on it, dont know whether this is true or not, thought i would ask you lot.

Track 172cup
most decent SS exhausts aren't heavier or even lighter than the OEM equialent so i would say thats bull personally, the hangers take most of the weight and not the joint aswell

it's a metal gasket so could be reused imo if in decent condition but for the cost wouldn't be a bad thing to replace it to make sure it's a snug fit, actually saying that you're keeping the cat on and not replacing it arent you ? if thats the case and it's not currently blowing from the cat/manifold i wouldn't bother touching it

Clio RS 182
Oh ok mate, so you reckon i should realy just purchase the rear and centre mounts then?

When i puchase a cat-back it should come with all the clamps etc. im assuming.

Dodgy one
If you buy a Milltek it comes with Clamps, I would also buy a full set of hangers and a new manifold gasket kit, I did with mine if you're going to disturb it which you will you might as well fit a new part while your under it

Looking for 182
When fitting a Milltek (for example), is any welding required? Or do things slot in place and you just tighten everything up?

Dodgy one
When fitting a Milltek (for example), is any welding required? Or do things slot in place and you just tighten everything up?

No need to weld anything,

Just bolts up in place of the original, The Standard one will need cutting off though unless you drop the beam down and decide to save the standard one, Not that i can think of any reason to do so!