ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - fuel sender issue? Please read

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Okay so my 182 has developed an issue which I imagine is to do with the fuel sender in one way or another!

when the petrol tank is full, the car works fine, perfect infact!

as soon as the petrol needle get one mark above the half way line (or below) the car gets jerky and loses power, sometimes the accelerator does nothing at all and as soon as the revs hit 0 the engine cuts out! Normally when it cuts out you can turn the key off and on again and carry on driving til it starts jerking all over again

this weekend I went to Sussex and driving up, as soon as the petrol needle reached the half way point my car cut out (in the fast lane!) and refused to start again!

safely rolled to the hard shoulder and tried to start the car several times with no joy! Waited 5-10 mins, tried again and it started, managed to get to a petrol station, fill up and continue as normal!

Back home now and I'm gonna take the car to a few garages, any one on here know what the problem might be?
cheers- Dan.

Phase 2 172
i'm sure there is a filter/gauze on the bottom of the sender, that could be clogged and stopping it picking up fuel when the level drops?

Worth pulling it out for a look

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Ill have a look :)

Ordered a new fuel pump complete unit so ill replace the whole thing, see if that works