ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 help

Renault Clio 182
Hey all,

So I've had a problem with my 182 recently. Yesterday it seems to suddenly loose a lot of power and now doesn't accelerate as it should. Took it to a garage today and they've said the cat is really clogged up and that I need to replace the mani cat, cat, centre and rear box which is going to cost 1300…. What's my best option to get this sorted? Could I just decat it? Really just looking for the cheapest solution to get this fixed. You've probably noticed I don't really have a clue what I'm talking about so sorry for the lack of technical description.

Thanks!

Will

Black 182
Hey all,

So I've had a problem with my 182 recently. Yesterday it seems to suddenly loose a lot of power and now doesn't accelerate as it should. Took it to a garage today and they've said the cat is really clogged up and that I need to replace the mani cat, cat, centre and rear box which is going to cost 1300…. What's my best option to get this sorted? Could I just decat it? Really just looking for the cheapest solution to get this fixed. You've probably noticed I don't really have a clue what I'm talking about so sorry for the lack of technical description.

Thanks!

Will

Hi mate
If you need to replace the whole lot id get it second hand off here. Ive just replaced my standard system from bottom of mani all the way to the back for about 250 including the decat. I got a scorpion system. 1300 is rediculous!! I think realistically for manifold to backbox you would be looking 3-400 at most. And it would sound better too. Another bit of helpful advice would be to change coil pack as these are pretty common to go on these cars, Ive just done mine and did the HT leads and put NGK PFR6E-10 spark plugs in. This would also explain loss of power in some cases. Also check any air filter pipes and breather pipes to make sure there is no air leaks. Sorry for the bad grammar......currently washing mine lol Hope this helps you dude!!

Good luck

Charlie

Black 182
Hi mate
If you need to replace the whole lot id get it second hand off here. Ive just replaced my standard system from bottom of mani all the way to the back for about 250 including the decat. I got a scorpion system. 1300 is rediculous!! I think realistically for manifold to backbox you would be looking 3-400 at most. And it would sound better too. Another bit of helpful advice would be to change coil pack as these are pretty common to go on these cars, Ive just done mine and did the HT leads and put NGK PFR6E-10 spark plugs in. This would also explain loss of power in some cases. Also check any air filter pipes and breather pipes to make sure there is no air leaks. Sorry for the bad grammar......currently washing mine lol Hope this helps you dude!!

Good luck

Charlie

I also cable tied the 2nd sensor in the exhaust to the underneath of the car so it reads clean air. This means the EML light will not show!

Renault Clio 182
Thanks very much for the reply! Sorry but just to clarify what exactly is it that I need to buy? Sorry my technical knowledge is pretty much non-existent haha.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
They're riding you. As above refresh the coilpacks. That might help. Sometimes replacing a the catalytic converter is a must.

A clogged cat is no reason to replace a whole system. Besides that A new exhaust system will never cost 1300.

Black 182
@smac4494 hit it on the head! i'd not replace the whole lot if not needed. Being that the garage who have looked at it already have clearly tried to mislead, id have someone else look. Failing that get a new clio 182 catted section and see how that goes. If it doesnt solve the problem, then do the coil pack. If that doesnt work, try spark plugs and or HT leads. Look on ebay for these parts or somewhere like euro car parts. Renault will always be alot dearer but some may argue the part quality is better. Personally i havent found any difference in the coil pack quality to warrant paying near double the price. However this is personal experience and may not be for others.

Renault Clio 182
Hi mate

Good luck

Charlie

I actually did stick an after market air filter on the day before it broke. Although I didn't think that would have anything to do with it?