ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Refurbishment and Modifications

FRP - Clio 182
I do indeed. Bought it off of ebay cant really remember the price but it was certainly cheaper than a proper one and looks identical. Ill go try find a link.

Did yours come with the brake light installed in the spoiler or did you fit the one from your standard spoiler, it looks like this one from Italian in that link does not have the light.

Do you have a couple of photos of the light installed please?

Did yours come with the brake light installed in the spoiler or did you fit the one from your standard spoiler, it looks like this one from Italian in that link does not have the light.

Do you have a couple of photos of the light installed please?

Yeah it was the exact same link you posted. It didn't come with a brake light, i just had to re use the one i had. Also you need to make the holes in the replica spoiler for it to fit. Wasn't to hard i just usd a small drill bit. Basically what you get in the box is the spoiler(fibreglass replica) and a bag of bolts for mounting and if i can remember correctly you also get a small spare hose for your rear washer.
I should have pics of it on my project thread some place and ill check my photobucket account as well. But wont be able to post till later on after work and on the laptop as my phones doesn't let me upload straight on here.
honestly once fitted it looks just as good as the real thing. Only criticism is as i said, some bolts don't line up and also how i mentioned that you have to create the holes for the brake light and washer to fit in. Not much hassle though.

FRP - Clio 182
After the cars inspection ready for the belts change this morning the following has been recommend to change:

Left track rod end
Left outer driveshaft gaitor
Right front shock absorber leaking
Right front coil spring broken

So new track rod ends being changed on both sides
Ordered the cooksport springs (which arrive tomorrow)
Shock absorber is £60 per side new but I think we have managed to source a temporary one for now (will replace both at the front in due course)
Driveshaft gaitor is easy fix

So might not have the car back tomorrow now but it will have the springs on so looking forward to seeing its new stance.

FRP - Clio 182
Few more parts have arrived:

Cooksport:
IMG_7057.jpg

Rear wiper:
IMG_7054.jpg

FRP - Clio 182
That's a strange looking dogbone mount! How hard is it compared to powerflex do you know?

Not actually to sure, thought I would give it a go. I have power flex ones on my FRP, it seems similarly as firm but I suppose I won't know until its fitted.

FRP - Clio 182
06/11/14

Got the car back this evening and it looks so much better on the Cooksports, wheels look a little lost in the arches but should have the spacers fitted on Saturday as well as all the other bits and pieces.

After having all the work done in the short distance I have drove it so far it feels brilliant.

Will be having the tracking done next week once spacers have been fitted:
(Yet again s**t photos , hoping this Saturday to have my camera back to actually take some decent photos)

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

Few other bits arrived, Bluetooth hands free, black iPhone 4 lead (cant be having a white one) also the stickers for the front grill for the french flag, however not decided if I will be fitting these:

IMG_7111.jpg

Last edited:
  FRP - Clio 182
Post man loving the deliveries at the moment.

"Bloody hell you buy enough stuff online"

Delivery from Hong kong rear registration LED light and cheap applicators (£1 a pack) also silver trek side repeaters

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

FRP - Clio 182
10/11/2014

Finally pretty much a full day to get stuff sorted on the car.

Replaced side repeater indicator bulbs for silver trek ones:

IMG_7114.jpg

Replaced gear stick face:

Old:

IMG_7118.jpg

New:

IMG_7119.jpg

LED registration light bulb

Before:

IMG_7116.jpg

After:

IMG_7117.jpg

Rear spacers

During

IMG_7122.jpg

Before:
IMG_7121.jpg

After:

IMG_7123.jpg

Replaced all the arch bolts front and rear, look so much better:

Before:

IMG_7012.jpg

After:

IMG_7128.jpg

Fitted mist washer jets:

One old one new

IMG_7125.jpg

Gave the car a quick wash and dry took a few photos with its new stance:

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7127.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_7135.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

Looks much better now with the rear spacers, I have the front ones to put on still so hoping to do that this evening.

Also fitted the rear wiper however its a fraction to long and clips the spoiler, tut tut, sold as a direct replacement as well.

Reactions: Gus
  FRP - Clio 182
10/11/2014

Front spacers fitted:

Before

IMG_7154.jpg

After

IMG_7159.jpg

Fitting

IMG_7156.jpg

These two bolts I cannot for the life of me undo and they have both started to round off, any suggestions? I was thinking about using a hacksaw so that I can use a large flat head to try and shift them.

IMG_7155.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

Then popped out to take it for a test drive, no rubbing issues to report and feels very planted, extremely happy with the amount of work I have carried out and how the car looks.

A few photos from when I popped out:

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

Should have turned the lights off.

IMG_7162.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

Next month it will be the Trophy rear spoiler then after christmas I will look at getting a set of Turinins.

Work left to do:
-Trophy Spoiler
-Fit dog mount
-Sort rounded arch screws
-Turinis
-LED side lights
-Engine bay detail
-Replacement car mats
-Fit flush aux in
-Blanking plates for the xenon light sprayers
-Paint callipers silver

Reactions: Gus
  FRP - Clio 182
Looks fantastic mate. Are you keeping the wheels silver?

Also how come you didn't go for stub axle spacers in the end for the rear?

Wont bother having the wheels refurbished just yet, partly to allow the other half to get used to width, also will be changing for Turinis soon enough. But yes I think the wheels will remain silver.

With regard to stub axle, I knew the hub centric spacers where a lot easier to install and not much more expensive.

FRP - Clio 182
One thing I cannot decide on is to change the badges on the back of the car to the more modern ones :/

Do like to keep a car looking stock, but the new badges do modernise the rear. hmmmmmm

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I hate the badges on the rear as they are 3 different fonts! The RS200 badge looks awesome when it's on its own I think. Just can't justify £28 for it.

Some man maths is required after a few glasses of wine I think.

RB Clio 182
Coming on very nice mate, looks loads better on the spacers.

Have you got a link to the gear knob insert?

What are these red patches i keep seeing like the one on the bonnet in this pic?

IMG_7127.jpg

Enjoyed reading that.

Such an improvement on the car good work. Really transformed it already!!

Is the front splitter fitted in those pics, can't quite work it out?

A cup rear spoiler would be a lovely addition too.

FRP - Clio 182
Enjoyed reading that.

Such an improvement on the car good work. Really transformed it already!!

Is the front splitter fitted in those pics, can't quite work it out?

A cup rear spoiler would be a lovely addition too.

Yeah really pleased with its current look, next month I will be getting the Trophy / V6 Spoiler which is a tad bigger than the Cup spoiler.

Yeah splitter is there just difficult to see with the lighting and the photo being taken with my iPhone 5.

FRP - Clio 182
11/11/14

Fitted the LED side lights this evening:

Before:

DF645F7D-CDA1-496D-A47A-4F38DC9517C7.jpg

After:

D84679C0-A8D2-4F0A-BE2D-6314EC34879F.jpg

18189CF6-6F52-4110-8C8A-B104022A11B7.jpg

Look pretty blue :/ might have to have a re-think on these.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Loving all your updates, the car has come on loads and looks fantastic.
Im going to order one of those spoilers too (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPOILER-p...337?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item2ecf9a53d9). Just waiting to see if you like the one you have ordered first, can you post up initial impressions when you get it and perhaps a pic or two before you paint it.

I think he said he's getting it next month dude. Mines on it's way so i'll do the same for you, keep an eye out in my thread x

clio 172 sport
Looks ace, i think the best mods you can do is the little things like the brand new fixing screws & the number plate light. I cleaned mine up with sandpaper like you did with the headlights & came up like new.