ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 suspension set up.. What do you run?

Clio 182, Megane 225
As above I’d like to see what people are using and if it’s for track or road or both.

At the moment I have Vmaxx coilovers, car sits really pretty but the ride is too hard and the rear springs seem to be too soft for my
da1927885aa93422eec93ef64377761b.jpg
liking. Debating wether to go back on to standard shocks with lowering springs or save abit more money and buy better coilovers.

Car will be mainly a road car. Will only see a track maybe once a year.

Any advice is welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go back to OE shocks and lowering springs if mainly used on road, which in truth will be better than those Vmaxx coilovers. It just so happens I have fresh OE shocks and lowering springs for sale cheapy, cheap :smile:

Clio 182, Megane 225
Just go back to OE shocks and lowering springs if mainly used on road, which in truth will be better than those Vmaxx coilovers. It just so happens I have fresh OE shocks and lowering springs for sale cheapy, cheap :smile:

What lowering springs and I’m guessing they are the 60mm spaced shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I rate them highly. Not too crashy, ride well and like you say sits nicely.

Thing I like is that it sits lower at the front as a comparison to others I’ve tried where they seem to sit more even. The rear could do with sitting lower for looks but on 15’s it works quite well.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'm another vote for the standard cup shocks and H&R springs, they are a great setup, sit slightly lower than eibach sportlines but ride lovely. this is on my 182

I run vmaxx on the other car (phase 1 172), but only because I wanted cheap lows, it doesn't handle great on them but I don't find the ride too bad considering how low I run it

and I run KW V2 coilovers on my track car, they are superb, very compliant and dampers are adjustable so I can soften them to drive to track and then stiffen them for the day. Run 500lb front springs too but thinking of going higher poundage as still too much body roll for my liking. This setup however I wouldn't recommend for a roadcar with occasional track, its much more track focused

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been on cup shocks and cooksports for the last 4 years a hard ride but it is just a track toy and only really gets driven to and from the track, I am in the process of fitting some Gaz Golds with 525lb fronts and 400lb rears.
Always hear good things about B14’s supposed to really good road coilover

Megane R26
Road & occasional track, rides lovely.
182 cup pack dampers
Cooksport springs
Solid top mounts
Camber bolts
Whiteline rear ARB
Polybushed wishbones, arb, steering rack mounts.

Next on list is epas, best mod on my last Cup.

gtbpzkp8.jpg