ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 v Cooper S

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Stripped yozza'd cup
Oh jesus....

These threads always cause massive arguments.

They''l be very close for pace, round the twisties i'd say 182, straight line, the mini would have you.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
I was thinking about the arguements when i posted it, as I was reading a couple the other day. but it will be funny to see some funny comments hahaha

CLIO
Engine: In-line 4-cyl, 1998cc, 16V Max power: 180bhp @ 6500rpm Max torque: 148lb ft @ 5250rpm 0 - 60mph: 6.9sec (claimed) Top speed: 139mph (claimed)

COOPER S
Engine: In-line 4cyl, 1598cc, supercharged Max power: 170bhp @ 6000rpm Max torque: 154lb ft @ 4000rpm 0 - 60mph: 7.2sec (claimed) Top speed:

Very close on the stats
138mph (claimed)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
the clio. on paper stats dont tell the whole story.

if it was which car is the gayest then the mini wins. thats 1- 1 in my book. lol

ps i like the mini aswell as the 182.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As Ben rightfully pointed out, itll be down to the size of the pilots coconuts as to who wins.

On a track id hedge my bet with the Clio, on the road, christ knows.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
My balls are small :( should have a few good drives around some B roads etc once iv upgraded the brakes

ibiza cupra
victorious in what? Straight line speed on the public roads, a B road blast, or on a track?

Most of it is down to the driver and the size of his balls.
this. i raced one at santa pod and spanked it in my 172 but was expecting to have my ass handed to me as they are technically faster cars than the 172 so the driver must have not possesed the skills that i do lol

CLS, RS MEG
My friend beat me in his on a rolling start, but i was bogged down in second, keep it on the boil which i did the second time and it was even.

monaco 172
me and my mate did a quick 40-100 blast on a private road and my 182 with decat , remap and ktec exhaust was about 10 meters in front when we hit 100.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
The last time I 'pushed' a Works Mini clouds of smoke started coming from its exhaust - he looked quite concerned when we met up at the next set of lights!

260% JCW
In a straight line our 172 only just pulls ahead slightly and it has no interior ect ect, the Mini's bog standard.

Clio 182
I was thinking about the arguements when i posted it, as I was reading a couple the other day. but it will be funny to see some funny comments hahaha

CLIO
Engine: In-line 4-cyl, 1998cc, 16V Max power: 180bhp @ 6500rpm Max torque: 148lb ft @ 5250rpm 0 - 60mph: 6.9sec (claimed) Top speed: 139mph (claimed)

COOPER S
Engine: In-line 4cyl, 1598cc, supercharged Max power: 170bhp @ 6000rpm Max torque: 154lb ft @ 4000rpm 0 - 60mph: 7.2sec (claimed) Top speed:

Very close on the stats
138mph (claimed)
What about the weights of the cars? that may play a part... FYI the Clio is approx 1090kg vs the Cooper S is approx 1200kg.

Also, having the balls to drive fast means nothing.. knowing how to handle a car means everything.

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
the clio. on paper stats dont tell the whole story.

if it was which car is the gayest then the mini wins. thats 1- 1 in my book. lol

ps i like the mini aswell as the 182.

Sorry sweetheart but when we went side by side in my mini vs your very healthy 182 I remember pulling away from you in 5th and I had an extra passenger.

I know which one I'd rather have and it wouldn't be the 182 unless a trophy

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
For comparison 30-110 there will be nothing in it, after that the mini will have a very very slight edge. I had a play on with a 172 ph1 and won and also kevs healthy 182

182FF
I was slowly but surely pulling away
from a cooper s last week the lad driving even looked half my size so much lighter :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
here we go lol

Sorry if you thought my comment was to "bait" an argument but its perfectly valid..

Yes, the Cooper S is prone to easier gains in terms of BHP but to suggest "Its a different story once modified" could be said about any production car on the planet.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if you thought my comment was to "bait" an argument but its perfectly valid..

Yes, the Cooper S is prone to easier gains in terms of BHP but to suggest "Its a different story once modified" could be said about any production car on the planet.

but it is a different story dude

standard side by side its very close but £500 on the cooper s gets you 30BHP + tonnes more drivability, £500 on a clio gets you 10BHP max if that

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
but it is a different story dude

standard side by side its very close but £500 on the cooper s gets you 30BHP + tonnes more drivability, £500 on a clio gets you 10BHP max if that

10bhp for £500? I'd say it would be more like 5 at a push.

My bros mate had a Cooper s and I loved it!

mpm

ED30 Golf
I had a cooper S Works previous. I now have a ph1 172. Either I have a very strong 172, or its my imagination, but theres hardly anything in it between them.
Id say between a standard mini, vs standard clio, the mini may just have the edge.

320d
All the magazine tests show the 1*2 as being quicker on the sprints to 60 and 100. However that is with a full no mechanical sympathy launch. On the road the wider power band of the mini should prove advantageous. Never came up against one in my 172 though so can't really comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.