ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 xenon (again)

Clio 182 cup pack
Hi guys
I know this has been a topic several million times but I can't find an answer for my particular problem...

My nearside xenon has given up. I've changed the bulbs (I have the skimmed knuckles and cuts to prove it), swapped the ballast from one side to the other, changed the fuses but nothing works. The bulbs work in the offside unit, as do the ballast packs. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

I'm hoping it's something very simple that I've overlooked but that's never the case.

Any response no matter how trivial would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Presume you have checked both ignitors work?

This happened to me, it turned out the wiring inside the headlight itself was knackered.

Clio 182 cup pack
What are ignitors? Sorry to sound like an idiot. The square block that goes on the back of the bulb that the wiring block plugs into? Is that the ballast or an ignitor?
That's the bit that definitely still works as I have tried both in the working light

What are ignitors? Sorry to sound like an idiot. The square block that goes on the back of the bulb that the wiring block plugs into? Is that the ballast or an ignitor?
That's the bit that definitely still works as I have tried both in the working light
That would be the ignitor the ballast is on the bottom of the lamp. Coincidentally I have a working one for sale on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281120590160?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Clio 182 cup pack
Ah, I see. In that case, I haven't tried the balast at all! Does it require major surgery to get at it? Do I need to remove the bumper or headlight?

Thanks for being patient with a noob

You will need to remove the bumper to access the ballasts, which are screwed onto the bottom of the headlamps. Only a few bolts and screws, pretty easy there is a guide in the guide section.

Clio 182 cup pack
I am watching your auction in case it turns out to be the ballast. It's properly p***ing it down outside. Waiting for it stop so I can try and find it

Clio 182 cup pack
You will need to remove the bumper to access the ballasts, which are screwed onto the bottom of the headlamps. Only a few bolts and screws, pretty easy there is a guide in the guide section.

Thanks, appreciate the help. I'll try and have a go later

No worries mate! I was a bit daunted first time I did it but its all simple. If u have someone to help you lift it on and off that's easier!

To be honest if its not the bulb, ignitor or fuse. Then it can only be wiring and the ballast, and I personally have not heard of the wiring going on these.