ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182

Get a 182 with both cup packs. Suspension and wheels is one. Spoiler and splitter is another (splitter usually broken/missing)

Don't bother with the 182 Cup.

Then check the usual things.. Tyres/brakes/suspension. The exhaust will need replacing at some point.

Get one with the belts done if you can as it's a £500 job. I think its 5years/72k it needs doing for the cambelt. Aux belt I'm not 100% sure on timings.

Clio 182
Get a 182 with both cup packs. Suspension and wheels is one. Spoiler and splitter is another (splitter usually broken/missing)

Don't bother with the 182 Cup.

Then check the usual things.. Tyres/brakes/suspension. The exhaust will need replacing at some point.

Get one with the belts done if you can as it's a £500 job. I think its 5years/72k it needs doing for the cambelt. Aux belt I'm not 100% sure on timings.

thanks mate is i get one with both cup packs would it be more to insure than a normal 182?

Tav

Clio 197
I choose a racing blue coloured 182 Cup with no stripes. All the benefits of cup packs without expensive xenon lights, cheap looking leather that's cold in winter and sticky in summer, melting thumb grips on steering wheels, frustrating to use climate control (A/C is simpler and better and rarely needs used) and it's a smidge lighter too.

It'll be cheaper to buy as well I'd have thought? Certainly was when new. My 15k mile example was very good value for money.

Make sure it's got the proper Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 tyres or at least a set of good tyres from another brand. The Clio's best feature is it's fun handling. It doesn't need modified to be a hoot and all the 'extras' on the regular 182 just get in the way or don't add anything worthwhile to the mix.

Key thing is to get a good car at a good price...if it's not quite the spec. you want that might be ok if it's a really good example. Different people have different preferences on what spec. they want their car to have. Leather seats and bright lights might be a must have for some.

Only issues for me so far have been engine mounts going soft and needing replaced. Exhaust is rusting but not gone yet (now on 30k miles).

Shouldn't be as it's just optional extras.

Optional extra's can push a premium up.

Golf GTD Mk7
as above, should be the same. only the trophy insurance cost more for some reason. Probably due to exclusivity and the dampers

Tav

Clio 197
Trophy has £1800 worth of front dampers, £1300 worth of seats and £500 worth of alloys as extra's...eek!

Golf GTD Mk7
would advise going with someone's on here if you can. at least then you'll know it's been looked after. You'll have to pay a tenner and become a member to see the ads though. worth the money for other forum stuff also.